[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
There’s a cpl ways to fix this one way is to decrease the stack size for the TE duct that way it’s not moving so many items at the same time but the best way to fix this is if you have a system that is getting back stuffed a lot but moves a lot of items then its best to use another transport method in this pack there are the transfer nodes and pipes from Extra Utilities these are very powerful and can do some crazy auto sorting if you set them up right and there’s SFM can do just about anything with it but can get complicated.

Edit: sry me being an idiot
My one stuffed duct is underneath my tree farm. I've got 2 Harvesters [one set to shear] working 2 jungles in a single chunk. SFM is collecting/distributing everything. My water works is down there too, as well as a charcoal block farm. SFM moves leaves to chest [set amount] where XU transfer distributes to crucibles. This became a problem as I use same chest for water bottles [auto camel pack refill] and temp charcoal storage [for block crafting]. XU node ended up trying to put charcoal into crucibles?

Couldn't figure out a way to filter the transfer node's input so switched over to filtered duct set to pull leaves [stack size 1] into another chest for the node. Since then I've noticed the random tree not being fully rendered initially. I don't know if the 2 are related [stuffed duct and slow rendering]. Your post got me thinking but the loop solution would only end up with my chest being flooded with leaves. And that got me thinking about some bad AgS experiences with thousands of items trapped in ducts with no easy solution to remove them [other than MCEdit].

I could rearrange my setup to not use ducts but I'm too lazy ATM and my frames are great [which is why I don't really get the rendering fail].

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Not all quests are "hand in", some are just "you need to craft these" which would be a pain as you'd end up with twice as many things as you need.
You should need twice as many things with twice as many people; if that quest is flagged for such.

siblingpower

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bug/unknown issue where I died and was saved by the sync machine, but my clone will not display any Environment data and does no longer require water of a steady temperature. Please help me resolve this issue as it simply destroys a major aspect of this mudpack. Thank You!

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bug/unknown issue where I died and was saved by the sync machine, but my clone will not display any Environment data and does no longer require water of a steady temperature. Please help me resolve this issue as it simply destroys a major aspect of this mudpack. Thank You!
Does it come back once you quit and restart? If so, it's a known issue (the quest book even mentions it).

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Quest book, the announcement when you first start the game, the first post in this thread, take your pick.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You should need twice as many things with twice as many people; if that quest is flagged for such.
How is what you are saying any different to "there should not be any parties in HCQM"? There are two ways to "solve" the OPness of parties - nerf them into "no bonus" by requiring that all quests be independently completed by all party members, or "only give some rewards to the first to complete, while still giving certain essential personal items to alll". I am suggesting this second approach.
*Edit* I suppose, sharing extra lives would be the only reason to have parties, but I never played a map with extra lives.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
How is what you are saying any different to "there should not be any parties in HCQM"? There are two ways to "solve" the OPness of parties - nerf them into "no bonus" by requiring that all quests be independently completed by all party members, or "only give some rewards to the first to complete, while still giving certain essential personal items to alll". I am suggesting this second approach.
*Edit* I suppose, sharing extra lives would be the only reason to have parties, but I never played a map with extra lives.

Because I'm not saying EVERY quest require both parties have to turn in everything only if the one making the quests in the questbook tags a specific quest that both should need to do everything. I am suggesting that the modpack designer being given the option to dictate that any specific quests need to be completed individually or as a party.

siblingpower

Jul 29, 2019
IT DID! Thank you for the suggestion, I could not check before because I died AS the clone while trying to get my stuff back. Its all good now that I made another world and checked. TY!

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
i'm loving this new 'starter city' that you're adding, @Iskandar. will really help even out the difficulty curve in midgame, and maybe even promote more activity rather than just turtling at the ship until forced to go for smeltery.

this brings a question to my mind, do the city ruins chests have randomized loot, or are they generated the same every time? i know there's tools out there that allow for randomized loot, but as i've not been to a city yet for various reasons, i haven't been able to check.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I use one Advanced Pressure Regulator Tube and one Advanced Pressure Gauge Tube and advanced pressure pipes so that I have the high pressure on one end of my pneumaticcraft setup, and low pressure on the other side, with the regulator tube regulating 4.5 bars into the low pressure side where the chamber is, and the high pressure side is kept at 19.5 bars with the adv pressure gauge. You just need some redstone (13) to run from the gauge to the kinetic compressor to tell it to keep the high pressure part of the system at 19.5 bars, and the regulator tube needs a redstone signal of 12 to regulate 4.5 bars to the pressure chamber and assembly line. All this stuff is explained and showed in Direwolf20's pneumaticcraft mod spotlight.

I took it further and used SFM to control the gauge and regulator tubes so that I don't have vanilla redstone all over the place.
Trying to use SFM to control pressure by turning a Kinetic Gen on/off via Redstone Emitter based on system pressure via a Redstone Receiver reading an Adv Pressure Gauge.
Trigger: Redstone Controlled / Receiver and side selected / Strength set to 1-11 inverted
connection - while high signal
Emitter: side selected

This was going to be a question but turns out this works. My problem was the Emitter was stuck on [even when disconnected from flow tree]. Fixed via replacing Emitter block. Problem most likely caused by using 'on high pulse' for initial connection. Leaving this here for future reference.

Reactions: loboca

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to use SFM to control pressure by turning a Kinetic Gen on/off via Redstone Emitter based on system pressure via a Redstone Receiver reading an Adv Pressure Gauge.
Trigger: Redstone Controlled / Receiver and side selected / Strength set to 1-11 inverted
connection - while high signal
Emitter: side selected

This was going to be a question but turns out this works. My problem was the Emitter was stuck on [even when disconnected from flow tree]. Fixed via replacing Emitter block. Problem most likely caused by using 'on high pulse' for initial connection. Leaving this here for future reference.

Emitter keeps its state even after "powered off" so i setup another command on low pulse to turn emitter off. Works for most set-ups.

Not really a fix , just a work around.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
<Snip>Couldn't figure out a way to filter the transfer node's input <Snip>

look at the filter pipe they work like diamon pipes but you will need a filter set to the items to put into the pipe if you still need help then let me know and im sure i can come up with a way to help

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Emitter keeps its state even after "powered off" so i setup another command on low pulse to turn emitter off. Works for most set-ups.

Not really a fix , just a work around.
Srsly? Thanks for the heads-up.

look at the filter pipe they work like diamon pipes but you will need a filter set to the items to put into the pipe if you still need help then let me know and im sure i can come up with a way to help
Filter pipes were my first thought but...would they filter what the node pulls from the chest or just what flows down the pipes after the filter? If it's the latter [which I reason'd it to be] then the node would still pickup items other than leaves. I'll tinker [now that I'm flush with stuffs] and report back.

Edit: looks like I should have read up on XU pipes. Should be able to use an 'item filter' item to tell the node what to extract.
Edit: yup, works like a dream. Now to figure out why/how 32 crucibles are causing my fps to drop by 200

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Srsly? Thanks for the heads-up.

Filter pipes were my first thought but...would they filter what the node pulls from the chest or just what flows down the pipes after the filter? If it's the latter [which I reason'd it to be] then the node would still pickup items other than leaves. I'll tinker [now that I'm flush with stuffs] and report back.

Edit: looks like I should have read up on XU pipes. Should be able to use an 'item filter' item to tell the node what to extract.

So j/w why not just have had sfm put the leaves into the chest instead of any kind of sorting pipe?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
So j/w why not just have had sfm put the leaves into the chest instead of any kind of sorting pipe?
SFM put leaves [set amount] into the chest already...and water bottles, charcoal waiting for block crafting, spare camel packs. I needed a way to keep some open slots in the chest and easily distribute leaves to crucibles. Prior to the item filter, I had a filtered duct sucking out leaves into another chest that the node was pulling from. Problem was that duct was getting stuffed. This was the solution.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Q: anyone have a link to the fast siever that uses SFM? I just need the clock mechanic from it

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
Q: anyone have a link to the fast siever that uses SFM? I just need the clock mechanic from it
I use a redstone based trigger in SFM, and use the "High Pulse" output. As the redstone clock input, I use a PRC configured as a timer, with a 3 tick interval. I could only get a redstone signal out of the PRC using a rednet cable.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I use a redstone based trigger in SFM, and use the "High Pulse" output. As the redstone clock input, I use a PRC configured as a timer, with a 3 tick interval. I could only get a redstone signal out of the PRC using a rednet cable.
There's a way to use just SFM to create an extremely fast clock