[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
As far as a water hole be careful not to right click it... will cause dehydration.
Snip...
...with an empty hand...

I had this issue when I setup my obsidian barrel. Most times it worked no issues but sometimes I would get dehydration buff and barrel would stop filling/converting. Then I realized the only common factor [when it didn't work] was using an empty hotbar slot. Make sure something is in your hand/hotbar slot when clicking through placed water.

...Snip
Setup a perimeter by digging a trench and building a wall (if you don't try to make it too large you should be fine). The city will provide all the water and food you need early on if you progress at a reasonable rate and the cobwebs you thought were useless in other runs can get you a very early bed.
You can make it from the ship [with no trench/wall protection] to the city and get a trench/wall setup [and some kinda shelter within the enclosure] all in one day [I'm assuming day 2]? If so, better player than me.
Don't you need a sword to turn cobwebs into string? Which means smeltry [and lava] or finding sword-blade drop?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Q: With the TiCo smeltery, can the drain be on any layer of it, or does it have to be on the bottom layer(exluding the 'base-layer')

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Any layer, including incomplete ones.
Just to be sure: And it will still be able to pull molten metals out from the 'bottom-layer'? and not just down-to the layer it's on?

and a follow up: does the drain HAVE to have it's back point to an 'air-block' inside the smeltery?

Last edited:

Dano6655

Jul 29, 2019
You can make it from the ship [with no trench/wall protection] to the city and get a trench/wall setup [and some kinda shelter within the enclosure] all in one day [I'm assuming day 2]? If so, better player than me.
Don't you need a sword to turn cobwebs into string? Which means smeltry [and lava] or finding sword-blade drop?

I literally did everything I said in my post all in the first day. The pan worked on the cobwebs I think but there's also wool in the building immediately across from the one I setup in. Finishing the wall is really close time wise. I dig the trench first because it's more important and then do my best to place the wall in time.

Last edited:

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be sure: And it will still be able to pull molten metals out from the 'bottom-layer'? and not just down-to the layer it's on?

and a follow up: does the drain HAVE to have it's back point to an 'air-block' inside the smeltery?
It always pulls from the bottom layer. The fluid you can see is purely graphics, it's not actually there and the smeltery does not keep track of that stuff.

The drain's small hole can face outwards, upwards or downwards. It will not work if it's facing sideways relative to the side of the structure it's on.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
It always pulls from the bottom layer. The fluid you can see is purely graphics, it's not actually there and the smeltery does not keep track of that stuff.

The drain's small hole can face outwards, upwards or downwards. It will not work if it's facing sideways relative to the side of the structure it's on.
Interesting... Same goes for the High Oven?

I literally did everything I said in my post all in the first day. The pan worked on the cobwebs I think but there's also wool in the building immediately across from the one I setup in. Finishing the wall is really close time wise. I dig the trench first because it's more important and then do my best to place the wall in time.
Impressive Sir...I salute you.
I've tried that version of play-style a few times in prior instances. Too much stress level for my tastes.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I've misunderstood that is incorrect, as this works:
HXHDpV5.png

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
As far as a water hole be careful not to right click it... will cause dehydration. Armor, depending on material used to make it helps cool you off. Iron, gold, etc cool you off durring night but heat you up durring the day. Diamond is the only material that cools you down regardless of day-night cycle time. But none help temperatures around machines.

Make sure you extensively test this. As in it wasn't night, nor was it 'raining'(It doesn't actually rain, but the sky gets a bit dimmer when its supposed to be raining in the world, resulting in the ambient temperature being reduce a bit)

Durring my testing, Cryotheum did nothing to very little in the way of cooling me off. Same can be said for holding snowballs, snowblocks, and ice, none effected temperature. Nor does placing them and standing on/around them help.
Just made my first blue slurpee [Gelid Cryotheum bucket] and it's not doing jack for me either. I've upgraded to v1.1.2.1 so maybe that's why.[DOUBLEPOST=1412542271][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unless I've misunderstood that is incorrect, as this works:
HXHDpV5.png
Based on the picture, isn't that an example of 'sideways'?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Just made my first blue slurpee [Gelid Cryotheum bucket] and it's not doing jack for me either. I've upgraded to v1.1.2.1 so maybe that's why.
Am playing v1.1.2.1 aswell, and yea, I can't find any 'cool off' items. Placing or holding snowballs, snowblocks, ice, gelid cryotheum, etc does nothing to reduce tempatures for me :/
Based on the picture, isn't that an example of 'sideways'?
That is but your post said it didn't work yet it does. After further testing, it seems as though atleast one side of the drain has to touch the smeltery's 'airblocks'. If I move it to the edge/corner of the structure it doesn't work

Last edited:

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Currently throwing togather an FAQ list. Other than where to get the modpack, where to post bugs&exploits, what other questions should be added & answered?

verniu

Jul 29, 2019
The most commen reason for this prob is backstufed TE item ducts the best way to fix this is to loop back into the starting invatory and set it to dence mode this way the items will cycle insted of backstuffing while wating for a valid invatory. If this doesnt make sence then let me know and ill try to find the post showing what it looks like.
i will try this, thanks

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
The most commen reason for this prob is backstufed TE item ducts the best way to fix this is to loop back into the starting invatory and set it to dence mode this way the items will cycle insted of backstuffing while wating for a valid invatory. If this doesnt make sence then let me know and ill try to find the post showing what it looks like.
I saw this and comprehend what you're suggesting and this got me thinking about the single stuffed duct I have and the random rendering lag I see [or don't see] from time to time. Then this got me thinking about how ducts can hold vast amounts of items and cause very, very serious tps lag. So how do you avoid the situation where thousands of items are going loopty-loo?

Blankpanic

Jul 29, 2019
im running a crash landing server and me and my buddies are really enjoying it all though there is a major problem after a while we cant play, its like there is a memory leak and the longer we play the more memory it uses(client side). I can play for a while but the memory usage gets up to about 13gb of ram and my fps drops to 9 and i have to force it to close and then restart is there a solution to this? the other guys are losing interest because they aren't able to play properly, there computers aren't as beefy as mine is and can only play for maybe an hour tops.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
im running a crash landing server and me and my buddies are really enjoying it all though there is a major problem after a while we cant play, its like there is a memory leak and the longer we play the more memory it uses(client side). I can play for a while but the memory usage gets up to about 13gb of ram and my fps drops to 9 and i have to force it to close and then restart is there a solution to this? the other guys are losing interest because they aren't able to play properly, there computers aren't as beefy as mine is and can only play for maybe an hour tops.

Opis mod should be able to tell you where your problem lies.