[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else get the problem SEVERE: Unable to launch when trying to load this or other FTB 1.6.4 packs
IIRC you need 64bit java(requiring a 64bit OS), and atleast 2gb of memory alloted to minecraft

Don't quote me, but I don't think 64-bit java is specifically required to run any FTB pack, as that would exclude most older PCs. It may, in fact, be implied, by the amount of recommended RAM if the modpack has one...as I recall 32-bit Windows having a RAM cap [then amount of which escapes me ~2.4G?].

@Roxlvox : If your problem is what I think it is, you need to be using Java7 (32/64-bit depends on your hardware) vice Java8. FTB Launcher has issues with Java8. You don't need to uninstall Java8, just install Java7 and specifically tell FTB to use Java7. If you already are using Java7, then you'd need to post the server.log via spoiler/pastebin for more assistance.

And is this a troll or what? Free Laser Assembly Program, combined with Drill Assembly Program [cost of 8 Emeralds + Diamond] results in being able to process a total of 1 items [Compressed Iron Block -> 8 Adv Pressure Tubes]? If this is working as intended, all this does is fuel my dislike of PC and I call Shenanigans.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just post it, that way anyone looking will be able to find it? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1412228644][/DOUBLEPOST]
IIRC you need 64bit java(requiring a 64bit OS), and atleast 2gb of memory alloted to minecraft

Requires effort :) Haha

Aerial Interface + SFM usage :)

For armor slots use Down activation

For inventory slots use North/South/East/West Activation

Slot ID are in picture :) Too lazy to number all the slots ;P

NEED TO FIGURE OUT REMOTE REDSTONE ACTIVATION MEEEH

Attachments

• Minecraft inventory.PNG
    Minecraft inventory.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 126

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@SmokeLuvr1971 Both are valid answers. I do know when I first tried to run the newer modpacks(including CL), I had to update to 64bit java, as I was getting a similar error. That or MC would crash with OOM before it even started rendering the world

@FallenS0ul Thanks mate... Now that wasn't too hard no was it :p

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
@SmokeLuvr1971 Both are valid answers. I do know when I first tried to run the newer modpacks(including CL), I had to update to 64bit java, as I was getting a similar error. That or MC would crash with OOM before it even started rendering the world

@FallenS0ul Thanks mate... Now that wasn't too hard no was it :p

It was ;P

Any idea how to do remote redstone activation?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
It was ;P

Any idea how to do remote redstone activation?
Google AE P2P and you should find videos showing how to pass redstone signals through the AE network. OFC, this requires you to have a large AE network or 2/more Quantum Bridges...

I think? you can chain the Tinker's wireless to get around the distance limitation. It may also be a config option you could play with [if you have access]. CL doesn't have wireless redstone [transmitters/receivers from some mod I can't recall]. You could also go the command block route [again, if you have access]. Other than Tinker's wireless or AE P2P, I don't know of another solution without adding a mod or giving yourself a command block.

@SReject : Didn't know newer modpacks required/implied 64-bit java. I was thinking of the many people who post here claiming they're running older PCs, which to me means x86/32-bit. And I know FTB devs go to some trouble to insure their stuff runs on older PCs. But we're playing a 3rd-party pack, and so outside the norms.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
if they want to ruin it for themselves by exploiting those exploits, that's their own prerogative. you shouldn't deprive others of knowledge out of some misguided desire to 'shield the young'uns!' as that just leads to the problems that society is facing these days... namely a generation of sheltered youth that can't handle the real world.

as a sidenote: by the time someone could do that exploit, they'd already have infinite water via legitimate means anyways. kinda defeats the purpose of an 'exploit' and makes this method somewhat irrelevant.

Its not about shielding anyone its about a pack maker that has put a lot of time and effort into making a pack that has a certain balance and difficulty wanting to keep his pack as legit as possible. Yes if ppl are going to cheat there going to cheat no matter what we do but lets not just give it to them. Also Iskander asked ppl not to post publicly so be kind and dont post them

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Google AE P2P and you should find videos showing how to pass redstone signals through the AE network. OFC, this requires you to have a large AE network or 2/more Quantum Bridges...

I think? you can chain the Tinker's wireless to get around the distance limitation. It may also be a config option you could play with [if you have access]. CL doesn't have wireless redstone [transmitters/receivers from some mod I can't recall]. You could also go the command block route [again, if you have access]. Other than Tinker's wireless or AE P2P, I don't know of another solution without adding a mod or giving yourself a command block.

@SReject : Didn't know newer modpacks required/implied 64-bit java. I was thinking of the many people who post here claiming they're running older PCs, which to me means x86/32-bit. And I know FTB devs go to some trouble to insure their stuff runs on older PCs. But we're playing a 3rd-party pack, and so outside the norms.

Yea... But that doesnt work for what i need to do :).

I need to eg: Activate redstone from 100000000000000blocks away :) EASILY

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question. I downloaded the server and now want to start a new world file on that server. I deleted the old world folder and when it generated a new world, it used DEFAULT world generation. Is there a specific 'level-type' I need to change in server.properties in order to generate a new Crash Landing map?
You dun goofed. The worldgen in this pack works by copying the map you get when you download it. That map is itself invisible from the game.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Yea... But that doesnt work for what i need to do :).

I need to eg: Activate redstone from 100000000000000blocks away :) EASILY
Q1: is the chunk the 'source' is in going to be loaded?
Q2: Is there any lienantcy(sp?) for delay/different pulse timings?

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Q1: is the chunk the 'source' is in going to be loaded?
Q2: Is there any lienantcy(sp?) for delay/different pulse timings?

Q1: Not atm, but it can be done easily.

Q2: No idea, but i just need a "On" per say from a lever which i "activate" somehow from 100000000000000000000000000 blocks away :)

(im trying to switch armor LOL)

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you trying to switch armor while in Deep Far Lands?

You pretty much can't do that in this pack unless you add Wireless Redstone or use a huge amount of chunkloaders.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Q1: Not atm, but it can be done easily.

Q2: No idea, but i just need a "On" per say from a lever which i "activate" somehow from 100000000000000000000000000 blocks away :)

(im trying to switch armor LOL)
Mkay, This can be done with tesseracts, but its far from precise:
pI77mL9.png

Notes:
1: I used a lever, but really it needs to be a stone button or similar, as it works off of a pulse
2: This outputs a PULSE, not a constant signal
3: 1 item in the system.[DOUBLEPOST=1412243563][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why are you trying to switch armor while in Deep Far Lands?

You pretty much can't do that in this pack unless you add Wireless Redstone or use a huge amount of chunkloaders.
I dont think he's serious but rather wants to convey the idea of "anywhere I go".

There's always kludge work arounds, like the one I just posted though.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Mkay, This can be done with tesseracts, but its far from precise:
pI77mL9.png

Notes:
1: I used a lever, but really it needs to be a stone button or similar, as it works off of a pulse
2: This outputs a PULSE, not a constant signal
3: 1 item in the system.[DOUBLEPOST=1412243563][/DOUBLEPOST]I dont think he's serious but rather wants to convey the idea of "anywhere I go".

There's always kludge work arounds, like the one I just posted though.

I thought of that but its just weird...

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you just need AE with quantum bridge or a long cable. If providing power for the bridge is a concern, but instant-update-state-change for your redstone signal isn't an issue, you can power the bridge one minute of every two or something to reduce your burden.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a thought, if you want a 'remote' style wireless redstone signal

Use SFM and an aerial interface + the golden bag

Have a 'key' item that activates the signal when SFM detects it in your inventory through the aerial interface.

so to activate the signal, just take the 'key' out of the bag, and place in the inventory.

Last edited:

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a thought, if you want a 'remote' style wireless redstone signal

Use SFM and an aerial interface + the golden bag

Have a 'key' item that activates the signal when SFM detects it in your inventory through the aerial interface.

so to activate the signal, just take the 'key' out of the bag, and place in the inventory.
Instead of using a golden bag, you could use any item that 'changes'. Such as a potion. When you need to change armor, drink the potion, and have SFM detect the empty bottle to swap armor

--

With that said, outside of this mod pack(where 99% of what you are doing is within 'your base'), the A.Interface+SFM is pretty OP.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Im noticing there's a slight balance issue when it comes to heat-creaters vs. heat reducers in this mod pack.

For example, holding a lava bucket shoots your tempature excessively high, but holding a bucket of Gelid Cryotheum does nothing to alter tempature. Another example is machines creating ambiant heat but snow/ice do very little (NOTHING) in the way of an oppisite effect.

I understand that the back story is you crash land on a hot dust planet, but for the cost of making Snow/Ice/Cryotheum(Semi-Infinate water supply, electric, machines, etc) ambiant tempature reduction would seem fair/balanced

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Im noticing there's a slight balance issue when it comes to heat-creaters vs. heat reducers in this mod pack.

For example, holding a lava bucket shoots your tempature excessively high, but holding a bucket of Gelid Cryotheum does nothing to alter tempature. Another example is machines creating ambiant heat but snow/ice do very little (NOTHING) in the way of an oppisite effect.

I understand that the back story is you crash land on a hot dust planet, but for the cost of making Snow/Ice/Cryotheum(Semi-Infinate water supply, electric, machines, etc) ambiant tempature reduction would seem fair/balanced

Placing cryotheum on the floor makes u freeze ur butt tho ;P Although holding it doesnt

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Placing cryotheum on the floor makes u freeze ur butt tho ;P Although holding it doesn't
Standing in it causes you to 'freeze your butt off'(take damage), but it does nothing for ambient temperatures.

That is, sort of how standing, say, 3 blocks within the vicinity of a machine causes the temperature bar(the black dots) to sky rocket. If you place Cryotheum and stand right next to it nothing happens for/to that black bar

Edit#1: Grammar, spelling, all-around cleanup of writing

Edit#2:
What I'm getting at is this map is all about heat management. Don't stay in the sun too long, don't stand beside machines too long, etc yet there's no counter-balance for heat producers... Even late-game stuff. I mean, if 'hot blocks' such as machines and lava create heat, then it stands to reason that 'cold blocks' such as ice and snow would reduce it

Last edited: