[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

k1r0n

Jul 29, 2019
I have java 7 , I tried the same thing before installing java 8 , and I have the same problem .
Edit : I unistalled Java 8 , reinstalled Java 7 and it's working now , thanks !

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
How would one automate the plastic and PCBs (and possible other things) from PneumaticCraft without using 2 pressure chambers?

For example...If I want to craft an Empty PCB from scratch then AE would send creeper seeds into the chamber which would make plastic and the plastic would get pulled out then it would send 1 compressed iron and 1 plastic but the plastic would just get pulled out, without having to actually disable plastic from the filter each time I want a PCB is there even a way without 2 chambers? I feel like I've made myself think this is harder then it really is, surely I'm missing something with the filter maybe?

Zehir

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
Somebody now how to rename a biome? In this modpack the biome frozen ocean was renammed to Dust Planet.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
How would one automate the plastic and PCBs (and possible other things) from PneumaticCraft without using 2 pressure chambers?

For example...If I want to craft an Empty PCB from scratch then AE would send creeper seeds into the chamber which would make plastic and the plastic would get pulled out then it would send 1 compressed iron and 1 plastic but the plastic would just get pulled out, without having to actually disable plastic from the filter each time I want a PCB is there even a way without 2 chambers? I feel like I've made myself think this is harder then it really is, surely I'm missing something with the filter maybe?
Simple - you don't have to pull out the plastic then re-insert. Have the chamber configured to pull out PCBs and not plasic or compressed iron, and tell AE 1 creeper seed + 1 iron ingot = 1 empty PCB. You can't use the same chamber for creating compressed iron or plastic for non-chamber purposes (like crafting pipes or puzzle pieces), obviously.

Zehir

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a mod. In this case Steve's Drought, provided thanks to the talented Vswe.
Oh yes I found it, Steve's Drought 4.zip: 1,08ko.
So I guess this mod has been created specifically for your modpack. I VATI therefore tinker for mine, I have some bases in java development.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Simple - you don't have to pull out the plastic then re-insert. Have the chamber configured to pull out PCBs and not plasic or compressed iron, and tell AE 1 creeper seed + 1 iron ingot = 1 empty PCB. You can't use the same chamber for creating compressed iron or plastic for non-chamber purposes (like crafting pipes or puzzle pieces), obviously.
or just have a second pressure chamber for the "second" tier vs. the basics

Tnick1

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm Im loving the modpack but I found either a bug or something. Just want to see if others are having this as well or if its just my derp. I found a second redstone energy cell and have been trying to charge it, Though Even though I put it where I charge my first one, it simply wont ever charge. The Cobble Gens are running and have power building. I've tried every color on the sides of the Cell. It just wont charge. Would this justify cheating one in and destroying the one that just doesnt seem to work? Keep in mind that, I have another that does work and I know at least this simple level of the mod XD

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hmm Im loving the modpack but I found either a bug or something. Just want to see if others are having this as well or if its just my derp. I found a second redstone energy cell and have been trying to charge it, Though Even though I put it where I charge my first one, it simply wont ever charge. The Cobble Gens are running and have power building. I've tried every color on the sides of the Cell. It just wont charge. Would this justify cheating one in and destroying the one that just doesnt seem to work? Keep in mind that, I have another that does work and I know at least this simple level of the mod XD

Redstone cells in the city have their input/output set to 0. To change this simply click or shift click on the + signs in the GUI.[DOUBLEPOST=1411325685][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, if you completely ignore what the question was.
Technically he did; it can't be properly done.

You could process all but a few things in a single pressure chamber. Namely plastics that are used in pressure chamber recipes. Everything else can be done in a single pressure chamber.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Technically he did; it can't be properly done.

You could process all but a few things in a single pressure chamber. Namely plastics that are used in pressure chamber recipes. Everything else can be done in a single pressure chamber.
Do I have to re-quote the question again and again bolding different parts? You can't automate all of Pneumaticraft with one chamber, but you can automate "plastic and PCBs and possibly other things". Because the only non-chamber use for the plastic used in PCBs is programming puzzle pieces you may very well not care about, so you can just configure the chamber to not pull out creeper plastic.

You could also do a Steve's Factory Manager setup that would ensure that items were put in in the correct order and only when there is enough pressure, so the PCB would be created before the interface has the chance to pull out the plastic, but that would be needlessly complex.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Do I have to re-quote the question again and again bolding different parts? You can't automate all of Pneumaticraft with one chamber, but you can automate "plastic and PCBs and possibly other things". Because the only non-chamber use for the plastic used in PCBs is programming puzzle pieces you may very well not care about, so you can just configure the chamber to not pull out creeper plastic.

You say it like you're saying something new. The situation is exactly as I described. You can automate virtually everything, except any plastic that is used in pressure chamber recipes that you will have automated, in a single chamber. And I fail to see how "plastic" doesn't include every iteration of plastic you simply assume he has no need for creeper plastic outside of PCBs.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
HQM isn't poorly designed. It is just that every last bit of the items it references for EVERYTHING from tasks to rewards will be changed from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10 since item IDs are now gone. This is true of every mod, it just impacts HQM harder than most. I'm not exactly sure how HQM will react to suddenly losing all of that info. It is entirely possible that quests written in 1.6.4 won't be compatible in 1.7.10, and even if if they are compatible, well, I won't have any idea what the tasks and rewards were without going back and forth with a 1.6.4 version of CL.

Sigh, I appreciate that you think this isn't a big deal, but you are very, very, VERY wrong. If all the mods that I use now also exist in 1.7.10, and if those mods didn't also have major changes, yeah, maybe this wouldn't be so bad. But
that isn't true. That means that this can't be, won't be, a straight up port. Add in that I will be taking the opportunity to evaluate new mods for inclusion and re-evaluating old mods for possible removal, not a lot of what I did in 1.6.4 will apply to 1.7.10. Please note how finely Crash Landing is balanced. With a ground up overhaul of the included mods, with all the new and changed mechanics, items, blocks, and machines 1.7.10 Crash Landing will be very, very different than it is currently. I won't be starting over completely from scratch, because I now know what I am trying to achieve, but slotting all the pieces back into place will be a huge undertaking.

Just as an idea, compare AE with AE2. And then realize I then have to include, and balance for, all the changes. Every quest that referenced or used AE stuff will have to be changed to fit AE2, all the Minetweaker scripts for AE will have to be changed, I will have to figure out what recipe changes I need to make, what world gen stuff won't be available so I can make quests for it. And then I will have to balance all of that. And that is just 1 mod.

Think a bit next time, eh? I get kind of grumpy when people make blind assumptions without putting a bit of thought into it.
enlightenment+1. thanks for taking the time to clearly explain it to me.

This coming from the guy who disabled diminishing returns on food
i did that because it makes literally no sense. just because you have eaten something a hundred times, doesn't make it's base nutritional value any less for the body. this mechanic is completely counter to how food works, so i disabled it. then when i tried enabling it again on a recent playthrough just to see if the extra challenge could be fun (rather than the tedious micromanagement i assumed), it didn't even work right and ended up killing me, so i'm never using it again.

How is HQM poorly designed? Almost all mods make decisions based on item/block IDs. It's Minecraft that is poorly designed that forced the mods to follow suit. Minecraft eased up on the bad design a little bit, so mod authors can now actually use item names
bukkit has allowed name usage from the beginning, i don't see why HQM or any other mod couldn't also have done it. as for my statement about HQM being poorly designed, that was in reference to something i didn't fully understand.

Water is scarce in this map.
bIlye.jpg

by the end of the first week, you should have infinite water supply with only minor maintenance (you can get this as early as day two, if you get flawless RNG rolls on bonemeal and sieve). once you have access to machines after the city visit you can make it fully automated. by the time you can even make witch water, there is no way you should have any problems whatsoever mass producing it.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
A Ghast farm will also net you the random green slimeball. Thanks special mobs.

Edit: Anyone found a way to deal with the 'Faint' Ghast spawns? These ain't affected by blocks and so freely move out of the trap. Again, thanks special mobs and these are the slimeball droppers BTW.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
i did that because it makes literally no sense. just because you have eaten something a hundred times, doesn't make it's base nutritional value any less for the body. this mechanic is completely counter to how food works, so i disabled it. then when i tried enabling it again on a recent playthrough just to see if the extra challenge could be fun (rather than the tedious micromanagement i assumed), it didn't even work right and ended up killing me, so i'm never using it again.
Men have starved with full bellies...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scurvy
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellagra

edit: died to starved