[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I got tired of waiting for a new wireless antenna and shared my notebook's wireless connection with my desktop to download 1.11, and man does disabling ZA change things! I need a new first day strategy. I was too dependent on the daily supply of rotten flesh and bones.

At least a small, simple dark room works wonders during the day. Maybe I'll make one of those an early priority...
I completely agree. Things change dramatically without ZA. I'm still trying to figure out an early strategy myself. A dark room might be a good solution.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a cure for frostbite..... or should I be considering a new map??
Stand near lava, liquid pyrotheum, or even a torch can help. I think drinking coffee can heat you up at asll, if you have coffee beans.

On a side note, how did you get frostbite? I always have heat issues :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Testing the new map... seems something was forgotten- the quest delivery system block should be in one of the supply chests

since the recipe for it requires glass and wood it's hard to make one that early in the game (unless it's intentional that you use some of the glass in the ship to make one, and in that case you will need to oreDict with glass to work in the recipe)
you can just spawn one in cheat mod.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
How...in the heck? Frostbite...in the desert?

Maybe having a cold bath in the middle of the night naked ? :p

I would +1 on Aroma Backup (or WorldStateCheckpoints) for at least while this is in Beta, Jadedcat found out the hard way in Agrarian Skies that unintended consequences can corrupt worlds and even though all people in a beta test should know to backup their world before updating, they just don't. So if you want to keep your beta testers happy, especially ones with well established worlds I would toss one of those into the pack.

p.s. Even more so now as it is on the launcher without the need of a code which will open up access to the pack to many more people.

I may add Aromabackup in the SMP version if Iskandar isn't against it

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
How...in the heck? Frostbite...in the desert?

Yeah, bucket of lava, or near a fire will work. Or wait until the sun comes up...
I've spent a bunch of time carrying a bucket of pyrotherm...... I suppose its time to try lava. I have spent considerable time with my toon having both heat stroke and frostbite.

As to how I got frostbite. I built a fishing pool bordered by slabs. Which meant I spent considerable time standing in water while wearing gold boots. I noted the hypothermia, but could't get to the pyrotherm until morning.....

As an FYI it is quit possible to freeze to death in most R.L. desserts they tend to get VERY cold at night..... most of them have very little cloud cover.[DOUBLEPOST=1406060206][/DOUBLEPOST]
Stand near lava, liquid pyrotheum, or even a torch can help. I think drinking coffee can heat you up at asll, if you have coffee beans.

On a side note, how did you get frostbite? I always have heat issues :)
I do not yet have coffee beans, I suppose it's time to get to sieving dirt.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent a bunch of time carrying a bucket of pyrotherm...... I suppose its time to try lava. I have spent considerable time with my toon having both heat stroke and frostbite.

As to how I got frostbite. I built a fishing pool bordered by slabs. Which meant I spent considerable time standing in water while wearing gold boots. I noted the hypothermia, but could't get to the pyrotherm until morning.....

As an FYI it is quit possible to freeze to death in most R.L. desserts they tend to get VERY cold at night..... most of them have very little cloud cover.[DOUBLEPOST=1406060206][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do not yet have coffee beans, I suppose it's time to get to sieving dirt.

I wasn't very far with the cold bath in the middle of the night .. just not naked .. .... but with frozen metal boots :D

Also maybe your feet skin is already necrotic and can't recover from that kind of frostbite ?
Learn crawling maybe ... well no better start over then, i don't know

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't very far with the cold bath in the middle of the night .. just not naked .. .... but with frozen metal boots :D

Also maybe your feet skin is already necrotic and can't recover from that kind of frostbite ?
Learn crawling maybe ... well no better start over then, i don't know
Well, at this point its a speed debuff and I randomly drop whatever I'm holding..... as it's a survival game I'd like to stick it out, but having to go looking for your tool every 30 seconds or so gets a bit old.

or going to block up an entrance and dropping the blocks you where trying to use...... always happens as the zombies are on their way of course.

I'm just glad that dropping the pyrotherm bucket doesn't spill it........

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I was on enviromines minecraft forum, I'm told that golden apples and death are the cures for frostbite I, I'm glad I don't have frostbite II......

Deathmint

Jul 29, 2019
Iskander, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it (that I caught) but I absolutely love your backstory. :D I think it'd make a really funny sci-fi short story, coming up with the hazing of this poor crew member. And I felt it had a lot of practical truth, definitely one of the better perspectives I've seen when looking at how futuristic science really will be.

Also, has anyone else tried ZA, Special AI, and Special Mobs all together? I find it has a high risk-high reward aspect to it that I really enjoy early game, even if it does kill me a lot. Only thing I want to find a fix for is mobs glitching into my humble shack, hitting me a couple of times, and then rubber-banding back outside when I hit them back. Although that is funny when it happens.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Also, has anyone else tried ZA, Special AI, and Special Mobs all together? I find it has a high risk-high reward aspect to it that I really enjoy early game, even if it does kill me a lot. Only thing I want to find a fix for is mobs glitching into my humble shack, hitting me a couple of times, and then rubber-banding back outside when I hit them back. Although that is funny when it happens.

I actually started that out today. I quickly found out that between giant skeletons and mobs that jump, a 2 deep pit around my area won't keep me safe on its own. So I still wall up the ship at night, and I actually use the needlegun now since whacking the 10 leftover mobs that have helmets leaves me rather hungry. ZA makes the early game easier, but mid-game is going to be tough with all of those mobs actively hunting me. I'll probably end up making a scythe with as much lifesteal as I can to deal with that.

Reactions: Deathmint

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is intentional or not, but MFR Harvester harvesting Pam'sCrops does not return any seeds, only the crop. Breaking the crop by hand drops seeds but not when the Harvester breaks them. True, False, only me?

MoegamingLps

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is intentional or not, but MFR Harvester harvesting Pam'sCrops does not return any seeds, only the crop. Breaking the crop by hand drops seeds but not when the Harvester breaks them. True, False, only me?
i think thats how pams works but you can turn the stuff back into seeds

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Well that world is over. A hungry zombie picked up another hungry zombie and tossed him at me. Those fellas regen health faster than the fire takes it away, so not only did the one thrown hit me, he also lit me on fire. It was fun while it lasted.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I second the props given for adding a bit of story line.... While I feel a bit silly admitting to it I find myself fleshing out the story as I progress, both taking actions more in line with real life strandings, as well as trying to develop story explaining minecraft "logic". IE: emergency signal beacons are constructed and continuously improved and I've "invented" dehydrated sea monkey like creatures to explain how I'm fishing in my 1X1 water source.