[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I misread, and was about to fix my post to reflect. Sorry about that.

But yea, I have a querlm with the the expressiveness of the PCB/Expansion Cards. I understand that at the start things are going to be grindy. But mid/end game, its still a grind. Be it either manually collected seeds for plastic, or automation, both take forever to get setup and working right. Then it becomes a waiting game.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea behind PneCr and how this pack has been put together, but I feel that there wasn't enough thought put into mid to late-game balancing so that it wouldn't JUST be a grind

It's really only grindy if you don't automate it. That's the whole point of late game, usually, automation. Nothing in the chain of making a accumulator is difficult to automate at all.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It's really only grindy if you don't automate it. That's the whole point of late game, usually, automation. Nothing in the chain of making a accumulator is difficult to automate at all.
Yeah, I make my PCBs in batches of 60 and smelt dusts four stacks at a time, and those plus the Fluid Transposer are the main manual steps in my crafting these days.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I misread, and was about to fix my post to reflect. Sorry about that.

But yea, I have a querlm with the the expressiveness of the PCB/Expansion Cards. I understand that at the start things are going to be grindy. But mid/end game, its still a grind. Be it either manually collected seeds for plastic, or automation, both take forever to get setup and working right. Then it becomes a waiting game.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea behind PneCr and how this pack has been put together, but I feel that there wasn't enough thought put into mid to late-game balancing so that it wouldn't JUST be a grind
Not a problem!

I agree, as it stands right now it's just way too expensive to even slightly be worth it. It should definitely be expensive to keep it from being available early (out even mid) game, but this is crazy.

If the recipe were dropped down to, say require two 1k or 4k fluid storage instead of the two 64k, I think that would be just about perfect. That would still require a lot of materials and things like enderium/fluxed electrum that require high end machines while putting the construction cost more in line with the actual benefit provided.

And if Iskandar makes that recipe change right immediately after I finally complete my AA with the current recipe, my head might actually explode.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree. Certainly much CAN be automated, but not everything, at least not easily. You cannot automate the massive scale collection of dust by any way that would be faster than just just whacking it with an excavator, which is mandatory for the insane amount of redstone and iron. The PnC stuff would be a massive PITA to try to fully automate, as you have to keep manually changing the extraction filter for each new ingredient.

You could use AE or SFM to automate some of the actual crafting, but I'm not terribly convinced at this point that it would really save that much time. Maybe set up some autocrafting for the logic expansion cards since they don't stack. Beyond those, everything can be crafted in batches of 64. I doubt you'd really save much time setting up an autocrafting system for anything else once you factor in the amount if time that takes to organize.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I disagree. Certainly much CAN be automated, but not everything, at least not easily. You cannot automate the massive scale collection of dust by any way that would be faster than just just whacking it with an excavator, which is mandatory for the insane amount of redstone and iron. The PnC stuff would be a massive PITA to try to fully automate, as you have to keep manually changing the extraction filter for each new ingredient.

You could use AE or SFM to automate some of the actual crafting, but I'm not terribly convinced at this point that it would really save that much time. Maybe set up some autocrafting for the logic expansion cards since they don't stack. Beyond those, everything can be crafted in batches of 64. I doubt you'd really save much time setting up an autocrafting system for anything else once you factor in the amount if time that takes to organize.

Pulverizers. Being weaker than using an excavator is the point. It never has to stop unlike using an excavator. Not to mention the automation of pulverizers is beyond trivial on a challenge map such as this. PnC is not that big of a deal at all. You'd use the initial extraction filter, i.e. placing items in to filter them. Empty PCB, compressed iron block, capacitor, transistor. With this you can just have your automation of choice place 7 iron, 1 creeper seed, 3 lightning plant seeds, 3 squid plant seeds, 6 redstone, in the input chest and you've basically got a PCB. All that would be left is having your automation of choice move the empty pcb to the processing of your choice, easiest being the assembly controller using a laser setup. This is all exceedingly simple.

Using SFM(AE could probably do this as well but I'm not familiar with the mod since I refuse to use it) I kept 16 PCBs, 16 PRC 100 cards, and 16 PRC 300 cards on hand at all time. You could also set it up to keep some of those logic processors(advanced as well) on hand at all time. But it basically boils down to; it's exceedingly simple to automate most things needed for an accumulator.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Good grief, the Chunk Loader chews through power! 2 billion RF storage? And that power usage, is that per tick? And it's capped at 2 chunks radius? My base is fairly spread out, I really need 3 chunks radius, not that I can afford the power at this stage.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
One question/suggestion: Do you have Tesseract sending Energy drawing from an Energy Cell or directly hooked to your power grid? Myself, I tend to use the energy cells [if possible] on both sides as an 'in case shit happens' emergency stop gap. And I tip my hat to you sir on this most impressive use of SFM.

Currently setting mine up using Pulverizers to produce the Gravel/Sand/Dust [Soul Sand will come from a Sludge Factory]. And currently banging my head trying to get SFM to stop putting un-hammered ore blocks in the wrong chest. It's just a nightmare of white-listing right now.

And you get Yellorium from...?
This. I like this. Which seems more like 'poofing things from the air' sifting stuff or mining laser?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Good grief, the Chunk Loader chews through power! 2 billion RF storage? And that power usage, is that per tick? And it's capped at 2 chunks radius? My base is fairly spread out, I really need 3 chunks radius, not that I can afford the power at this stage.

Feeding it mob essence as well will make it drastically more efficient.[DOUBLEPOST=1412891260][/DOUBLEPOST]
Currently setting mine up using Pulverizers to produce the Gravel/Sand/Dust [Soul Sand will come from a Sludge Factory]. And currently banging my head trying to get SFM to stop putting un-hammered ore blocks in the wrong chest. It's just a nightmare of white-listing right now.?

Best way to make sorting easier is streamlining it all. Have a (diamond)chest as a default dump for basically anything and use it as the universal sorting chest. Run the sorting on its own timer that just never stops. Makes things much much simpler.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
One question/suggestion: Do you have Tesseract sending Energy drawing from an Energy Cell or directly hooked to your power grid? Myself, I tend to use the energy cells [if possible] on both sides as an 'in case shit happens' emergency stop gap.
The production side is fairly sophisticated. I have my generators and dynamos feeding into a stack of 3 energy cells, each of which feeds energy up to the one above. The other side, the energy comes out to a line of machines and up into a tesseract which has a direct connection to the top energy cell and also 3 hardened energy cables, so the throughput into the tesseract is pretty hefty. Another side of the tesseract feeds mob essence into a storage column that feeds my Reactant Dynamos. A comparator on the bottom energy cell is read by SFM which feeds Splash Potions of Speed into two Potions Generators, when the cell goes below about 90% full. When it is almost completely empty, it puts gunpowder into the three Reactant Dynamos, so they only turn on when I've been using a lot of power. I also have 4 Solar Generators, with a 60-second alternating redstone signal (on=discharge) during the day and on all night.
2014-10-09_22.45.32.jpg

Next job is to replace the bottom energy cell with a resonant one. I have no idea what happened to the one that I got as a quest reward...:confused:
I originally started building that cobblestone tunnel to the city, but stopped when I discovered that hang gliders were in the pack.

Windothia

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to run a small server for me and my friends to play on (Using version 1.1.2) and I get an error. It was working fine until the error appeared. the error is as follows

server probelms.png

It's the very last line. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
ooh okay

Side note: OMG 1emereld = 1stack delighted meal o.0

Trades should get nerfed l0l
This makes up for the ungodly number of supremely awful trades available normally.
Hmm...evil thoughts on Villager conveyance system where offered trade determines final destination...

My God, what did I start? I just meant the somewhat needless crafting complexity reminds me of my [very short] GT experience.

Best way to make sorting easier is streamlining it all. Have a (diamond)chest as a default dump for basically anything and use it as the universal sorting chest. Run the sorting on its own timer that just never stops. Makes things much much simpler.
My system isn't fully SFM. I'm taking advantage of the AutoPackager, so I've got 2 chests [LH and RH of AP]. And I'm using the AA to hammer down assembled ore blocks placed via Block gate [should prob use another AA here]. Problems are (1) block gate places ores faster than they get hammered, even when set to 1 block and 1-sec clock and; (2) rapid item valve picks these extra up and puts them in the wrong chest. I could add in another chest and dole everything out from there, but that seems like an extra step to me [and I realize this may come back to bite me later on...]

This is how I was designing it:
Value collects everything:
  1. Trash is...trashed [stones/etc]
  2. Whatever fits in barrel wall
  3. Rest should be AutoPackager
Hammered Block-Placer [pulls everything from chest to the right of AutoPackager]:
  1. Barrel wall [for block-version of items]
  2. To be hammered

Issue (1) occurs when the block gate has an item to place but there's already a block there...it will then spit the item out in item form. This gets picked up by the valve and put in the wrong chest (2).
Solution was relatively simple.
  1. Whitelist [valve output] those extra blocks [ore gravel/sand] spit out by the block gate to go to the correct chest
  2. Blacklist [input from RH chest] any ore dust from being pulled for use by the block gate
  3. Whitelist [output to block gate] all ore gravel/sand for use by the block gate, and set number to 1
#3 may solve issue (1), which causes issue (2), but this works as-is and if it's overkill...so be it. Another solution would be to use an AA to place the ore gravel/sand blocks [eliminating both issues altogether]. Unless I'm missing something, using a single sorting chest I'd still run into this situation.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
#2 in the solutions is overkill but could also cause problems. I know when I doubled down on blacklist/whitelisting I ran into a few issues. Better off emptying the blacklist.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
#2 in the solutions is overkill but could also cause problems. I know when I doubled down on blacklist/whitelisting I ran into a few issues. Better off emptying the blacklist.
I have that there because another process sends the Dusts on to the HO.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
SFM bubbas:
Using redstone to enable/disable SFM via the receiver...
Say I have 2 receivers next to each other, with a lever on each. I've told SFM to only respond to redstone signals from the receiver's lever side. Will this bypass the vanilla mechanic of powering neighbor blocks?

Just tested this and...nope. Any way to get around this? Or am I forced the keep receivers/emitters 1-block distant from each other [unless I want interaction]?

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
SFM bubbas:
Using redstone to enable/disable SFM via the receiver...
Say I have 2 receivers next to each other, with a lever on each. I've told SFM to only respond to redstone signals from the receiver's lever side. Will this bypass the vanilla mechanic of powering neighbor blocks?

Just tested this and...nope. Any way to get around this? Or am I forced the keep receivers/emitters 1-block distant from each other [unless I want interaction]?

#vanillaswag

O = receiver

X = block + lever

O O
X

Thus providing "weak power" to the receiver so as not to turn it into a "powered block"

Hope you understand :)

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
so, 1.1.3 is now in open beta. EARLY open beta, so compatibility with existing saves is not guaranteed. BACK UP YOUR SAVES before using. The release version of 1.1.3 will be save compatible, just enough is still a WIP int his beta that I can't guarantee I didn't miss a bug or something somewhere.

Beta is here: http://crashlanding.wildwestscifi.net/news/326/crash-landing-1-1-3-beta-1-is-now-available

As a note, watch the smelteries and high ovens in the city carefully. "crumbling" bricks cannot be used directly. They need to be hammered back into their component pieces first.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
So if you die, and your clone completes just a few seconds after you're dead, how do you force yourself out of the "leave server" screen and into the now-existing clone?