[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
i miss all the variety of power options and cabling and machines and such from IC2... i won't deny that TE3 is much cleaner and provides most of the same functionality, but still...

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
i miss all the variety of power options and cabling and machines and such from IC2... i won't deny that TE3 is much cleaner and provides most of the same functionality, but still...
When I first started modded MC, I prefered IC2 over TE aswell... that is until TE3. TE3 simplified quite a bit of things that drove me nuts with IC2 and Buildcraft. You don't have to worry about accidentally placing the wrong cable, machines exploding, etc. Item/Liquid piping became super simple. I imagine many people find the more confusing counter parts 'fun' but for the majority its a headache.

Also, all the different 'power' types in large modpacks such as FTB gets confusing for users("Which power type does XXXX machine need and how much? ...what makes that power?!") and Devs("Now I have to support XXXX power as well?!") TE3 is a step in the right direction as far as power is concerned. It interfaces with Buildcraft's power system on the fly via conduits and simplifies the workings of its MJ counterpart. And to sweeten the deal, many mod devs have stated they will be moving from their original power source to RF's as it simplifies their code maintenance.

Edit#1:
spellcheck & grammar fixes

Edit#2:
As far as variety, this modpack hinders power sources quite a bit to add challenge. Without the alterations there's plenty of variation in ways to create power between TE3, ExtraUtilities, and Big Reactors. Though I can see the want for more alternatives... such as RC steam boilers, ran off ethanol created by BC machines using crops that MFR machines grew and harvested to ferment

Last edited:

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
have you try that? i mean i suposse that you have a world of crash landing where you actually lived some time. why dont you try to have another one? i know that is just not luck, but i am pretty sure that anybody would have been ruined by that spider and that is not fairplay, is like encoutering and endgame boss at the middle of the first level of a game, all the durability of my hammer when into that thing and he was still at half its health.
Did you find the Needle Gun in one of the side rooms? That should take of most spiders quite quickly, especially if you make a little hole that they can't attack you through. At morning collect arrows and gunpowder and such to make more ammo.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Did you find the Needle Gun in one of the side rooms? That should take of most spiders quite quickly, especially if you make a little hole that they can't attack you through. At morning collect arrows and gunpowder and such to make more ammo.

Try shooting tough spiders :)

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@FallenS0ul Hey, after tinkering, I discovered the A.Interface does work even with the error message showing. To test connect an itemduct to the bottom of it, setup to pull items out. Run the ducts into a chest, and tada, should grab your worn gear.

With that, you can use SFM's inventory "down" setting to get/return items to your armor slots (Can't figure out a way for it to access your inventory outside of said slots though)

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
@FallenS0ul Hey, after tinkering, I discovered the A.Interface does work even with the error message showing. To test connect an itemduct to the bottom of it, setup to pull items out. Run the ducts into a chest, and tada, should grab your worn gear.

With that, you can use SFM's inventory "down" setting to get/return items to your armor slots (Can't figure out a way for it to access your inventory outside of said slots though)

Hmm i tinkered with it for 2hours... I will try again later

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
@SReject tinkered for awhile and managed to get it running. For some reason it wouldnt run at all on my "creative"/test world. Meep

Works fine on my normal map

To anyone who wants Slot ID for chestplate/camel pack automation

IT IS 42 not the 38 in some tutorial somewhere.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@SReject tinkered for awhile and managed to get it running. For some reason it wouldnt run at all on my "creative"/test world. Meep

Works fine on my normal map

To anyone who wants Slot ID for chestplate/camel pack automation

IT IS 42 not the 38 in some tutorial somewhere.
I've tried both, without sucess, I'm able to pull it from my inventory, but am unable to put it back

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I got it working, and to help you out:

Block setup
tRe03vg.png

Bottom left to right are:
Aerial Interfac(PneCr)
- Kept at 15bars of pressure
- In the GUI an 'error' may say something along the lines of you not being online, but it still works.

LiquiCrafter(MFR)
- Water supply assumed
- Template set to an EMPTY camel pack, and 4 full water bottles.

Redstone Emitter(SFM)​

Manager Setup:
kkEu0W3.png

Left Trigger: Default

c:Check Pack - Condition
Inventory: Aerial Interface
Target: Down, use slot ID 42-42,
Items: Camel Pack, Use NBT precision, damage value 100​

i:Empty Pack - Input
Target: Down, use slot ID 42-42
Items: Blacklist
o:Empty Pack - Output
Inventory: LiquiCrafter
Target: North
items: Blacklist​

e:Fill Pack - Emitter
Do Pulse, 2 ticks
--------------------

Right Trigger: Default

i:Full Pack - Input
Inventory: LiquiCrafter
Target: Up
Items: Blacklist​

o:Full Pack - Output
Target: Down, use slot ID 42-42
Items: Blacklist​

Last edited:
Reactions: Albeleo

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Have had it for a bit. Spent most of the time trying to figure out how to make the post understandable :p

Haha i use a different "water bottle setup"

With drums + autonomous activators

With a similar/ same camel pack refill system as you

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Haha i use a different "water bottle setup"

With drums + autonomous activators

With a similar/ same camel pack refill system as you
The LiquiCrafter makes life easy, as it doesn't need water bottles outside of setting up a template. Just pump liquids in after setting up the template, then throw items in, give it a RS pulse and it does the work. No need for bottle management

Edit/FYI
It doesn't need power either, which is the same bonus as AAs

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
The LiquiCrafter makes life easy, as it doesn't need water bottles outside of setting up a template. Just pump liquids in after setting up the template, then throw items in, give it a RS pulse and it does the work. No need for bottle management

Meh have no idea how it works l0l

My method is pretty decent, just have to set-up some input n outputs in sfm

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Meh have no idea how it works l0l

My method is pretty decent, just have to set-up some input n outputs in sfm
Lol. I didn't know about it until about 2hrs ago. For whatever reasons SFM's crafter wasn't working for me so went looking for alternatives.