[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get an infinite water source for cooking? I tried making one but it doesn't work.

Also is there a way to get ferrous metal for invar? It looks like I need a pulverizer to get invar to get a pulverizer.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
No. There is no way to get infinite water in the pack. That is a defining feature of it. You always have to balance production of water vs use. That said, remember you can turn a bucket of water into 4 fresh water usable only for cooking. But making stuff like dough is always going to cost you resources.

Nickel is ferrous metal. Once you get a smelter up and running you can toss nickel blocks in with iron to make invar. Before that, get a grind stone. Cook the nickel into ferrous bars, then grind up the bars ferrous dust. Then grind iron bars to make (the correct kind of) iron dust and combine them in a crafting window to make invar dust, which you then cook for invar bars. Obviously, the smelter is the better way to go and I recommend getting one running as soon as you can. For the ore doubling if nothing else.

Anagram

Jul 29, 2019
I'm cannot get a squid to spawn, which is needed for squid seeds, which is needed for transistor, which is needed for everything Thermal Expansion. Anyone has a way to overcome this problem ?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm cannot get a squid to spawn, which is needed for squid seeds, which is needed for transistor, which is needed for everything Thermal Expansion. Anyone has a way to overcome this problem ?
You need water below sea level, as in below 64. Above that and they will not spawn.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
you said you had 1 more map reset maybe would that be 1.0.8 or 1.1.x

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry about waiting for a release that won't need a restart.

You'll die a bunch by then anyway. :p

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't died more than once since 1.0.4 (and only play hard map) and I've restarted every single update. Can't wait to check out 1.0.8.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, it's beta stage at this point. I always restart when a new version comes out so I can see the changes. I don't consider any of my worlds yet to be 'the real play though'.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I keep forget to close the hole to the ship when i get into doing something and die from the horde like a noob, rofl

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I have some "creeperplant" seeds, which I am hoping is the answer to my plastic needs? Anyways I press q to drop them and they dont seem to "take hold" just stay as an item to be picked up.. trying onto some dirt or farmland next to water. Any ideas?

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Ok another question for all you helpful guys here :)

Is there a way to transport around easily? I'm getting tired of walkin. Currently I only got a glider. I know about openblocks elevators.

w4ghBeQ.png

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Ok another question for all you helpful guys here :)

Is there a way to transport around easily? I'm getting tired of walkin. Currently I only got a glider. I know about openblocks elevators.

w4ghBeQ.png

Can make roads, it gives you a boost in speed when you run on them.