[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
But the sync shell is a farry expensive item and is around mid game not early game because it needs neither quartz with requires witch water and sand wich requires mycelium wich requires spores Ect ect...

Getting soulsand true barrels is quite easy, i usually farm a bunch before i setup proper power cause ill need PCB's. Id say sync shell is rather cheap compare to say a control rod for your reactor.

From my own experiences (on the hard route) I alway go to the city without shell. The water is just too precious to turn into nether quartz. Besides, if I die in the city I am not that far along yet, so a restart isn't that bad.

Grinder from AE, use it to make alloy like invar to make better sheers, use a furnace generator to power your transposers and you will have water for days depending on how big your tree farm is, i need at least 2 sheers to get all my leaves from the trees each harvest. My drum is usually half full before i even hit mid-game content.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Grinder from AE, use it to make alloy like invar to make better sheers, use a furnace generator to power your transposers and you will have water for days depending on how big your tree farm is, i need at least 2 sheers to get all my leaves from the trees each harvest. My drum is usually half full before i even hit mid-game content.

Ah, but I use the crucible (over lava) for power free water. That early in the game I have heaps of leaves so shears are not the limiting factor. It is the melting speed.

Note I do not consider this a problem at all, it just means I setup my sync shell after I have been to the city (once).

I have not had a death in 1.1.2 prior to getting a sync shell up, so its working just fine for me.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, but I use the crucible (over lava) for power free water. That early in the game I have heaps of leaves so shears are not the limiting factor. It is the melting speed.

Note I do not consider this a problem at all, it just means I setup my sync shell after I have been to the city (once).

I have not had a death in 1.1.2 prior to getting a sync shell up, so its working just fine for me.

What ever suits you best i gues, i havn't visited the town yet on my second hard line take with mob griefing on, and just finished my smeltery and high oven :p id rather be efficient for that matter then waste time on things like melting leaves ... ;) Fuel for a furnace generator is rather easy to get, and making a leadstone cell is also quite easy, with 2 of those generators and a cell powering your transposers melting time is no longer an issue and you can use the crucible for other purposes like making a smeltery or high oven :p

If you stick the crucible over the liquid pyro it melts leaves with 0.7mb/t tag bit better then with lava or fire ;)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
What ever suits you best i gues, i havn't visited the town yet on my second hard line take with mob griefing on, and just finished my smeltery and high oven :p id rather be efficient for that matter then waste time on things like melting leaves ... ;) Fuel for a furnace generator is rather easy to get, and making a leadstone cell is also quite easy, with 2 of those generators and a cell powering your transposers melting time is no longer an issue and you can use the crucible for other purposes like making a smeltery or high oven :p

If you stick the crucible over the liquid pyro it melts leaves with 0.7mb/t tag bit better then with lava or fire ;)

Well I might switch over to powered water because my big reactor which can do 12k RF/t is now running at 140 RF/t :)

But first I want to finish the aqeuous accumulator (self imposed end-game goal) :)

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Well I might switch over to powered water because my big reactor which can do 12k RF/t is now running at 140 RF/t :)

But first I want to finish the aqeuous accumulator (self imposed end-game goal) :)

yep 140 is almost overkill already for that purpose :p

EpicWhiteWolf

Jul 29, 2019
No, I kinda like it. The only thing is the seeds is kinda grindy, but that can be automated.

What exactly is your problem with PC?

I can't seem to get the assembly machines to make Advanced Tubes

2014-09-15_02.49.41.png
2014-09-15_02.49.47.png
2014-09-15_02.50.22.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1410774916][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind i am way too tired i just realized im trying to use walls instead of valves

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
You can just use blocks if you have the laser and drill program. However, I've found that it seems to derp when I change programs and I end up having to break the controller.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How is sync early game? (Other than the 1 shell u get from easy mode quest)
It is early game because all it requires can be had via ex nihilo mechanics. Power? All you need is a survivalist engine. Well, you need one ender pearl too but those are easy if you know how to attract and kill endermen. Make a safe killing spot on top of your ship, run up there if you see one on your radar, kill with needlegun or just wait till he comes in to try and kill you.

I always pick hard path and I always have a shell before I go to the city.

Sync is a lot cheaper than most people seem to think it is.

Last edited:

kyronb

Jul 29, 2019
hi there... anyone else experiencing the problem that water production is stopped? I cannot create any water anymore. Barrels that should be filled through hoppers or itemducts to create water do not get filled anymore (using leaveshere), the liquid transposers do not process leaves anymore. Putting snowballs in the magma crucible don't work either. I still have 4 drums filled with water at the moment but since i can't replenish them anymore i am getting worried.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
But the sync shell is a farry expensive item and is around mid game not early game because it needs neither quartz with requires witch water and sand wich requires mycelium wich requires spores Ect ect...
You can make spores as soon as you have your cobblegen up which should be first week. All it takes is sand. People don't like to do this manually though so they pretend it is "mid-game" so they can wait until they have more automation. Doesn't have to be that way, though, does it? :)

The two times I've done this by hand ~6 stacks of cobble have been sufficient for the emeralds, iron, glass, obsidian, lapis, spores, and nether quartz.

Last edited:

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm that was weird, my sync finished, 2 nights later some mini-ghast spawned with an enderman (i seen them before, even ghast+ender creeper), he ambushed me the next morning when i was refilling my water. Each time he hit me he teleported away again before i could hit him :( Upto 3 times before he faced me from the front, or better said the direction i was facing, but then it was already to late ....

Not sure what to think about that, not something i could have avoid really, kinda glad i had my sync up though, i would have been a tag bit frustrated if that happened earlier.

Obviously the enderman was porting around because of the light, but the mini-ghast was doing the damage until i killed it with my backup mattock, and the enderman dropped of and got pissed off as well ..... Guess its just a case as extremely bad luck ?

Last edited:

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
How do we get Ghast Tears?
Those Ghasts that spawn at night (or mobgrinders) do not seem to drop any for me :s

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
hi there... anyone else experiencing the problem that water production is stopped? I cannot create any water anymore. Barrels that should be filled through hoppers or itemducts to create water do not get filled anymore (using leaveshere), the liquid transposers do not process leaves anymore. Putting snowballs in the magma crucible don't work either. I still have 4 drums filled with water at the moment but since i can't replenish them anymore i am getting worried.

Minetweaker is the mod that controls the leaves/saplings to water conversions. Are you playing on a server or an OS other than Windows? Have you tried copying your config/Minetweaker folder from a 1.1.2 install? I think the only things changed were the disabling of diamond dolly and something else that I can't remember right now.