[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Where is teh changelog to 1.1.2.1?
You'll see it when you start up CL for the first time after installing.

we really aren't though, as i don't consider walls nor trenches as cheating. for that matter i don't consider darkrooms cheating, but i also don't use them myself cause i prefer actually fighting mobs, rather than just grabbing an infinite supply from a random chest.

Which is why I said it as a joke. I personally consider them cheating for myself and only myself. I in no way expect nor want to force the way I feel on anyone else. There are no universal rules to fun in this game; you make your own.[DOUBLEPOST=1410654762][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you download it i don't see a download button

It's in the third party packs tab on the launcher.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I can't find the third party packs

When you run the launcher at the top there are 5 tabs and the default selected one is "FTB MODPACKS" and directly to the right of it is "3RD PARTY PACKS". Click on that one and the third pack in the list is Crash Landing.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
what modifiers can i put on a mattock
Experiment after you level it up, I always forget you can't put a modifier on right away. The mattock levels up when you hoe dirt or grass, not when you attack enemies with it so it's not a great investment in the long term despite being a great early game weapon.

If you're using the mattock BECAUSE it's early game, however, I wouldn't recommend putting modifiers on anything at all let alone the mattock, and just use the leveling up on the tools/weapons as your modifiers. At this point in the game you're probably strapped for lapis and redstone, probably little to no quartz, obsidian is a pain to get and you can't melt it without a smeltery...etc etc etc.
My advice is to make a frying pan or battlesign, probably the frying pan since it gives enemies you hit the slowness debuff and use that as a weapon, since unlike the mattock it levels up when you hit enemies and makes a nice "BONK" noise, and like the mattock you can make it out of bone.

I can't find the third party packs
If you've downloaded the Feed the Beast launcher its a tab between "FTB MODPACKS" and "MAPS & TEXTURES." I realize I was ninja-ed while I was typing this but whatever. FIGHT DA POWAH

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
what are you talking about vertical or horizontal? there's only range upgrades. period. and it doesn't slow down in the least. I've made largest upgrade possible and stuck it under a huge pen and it worked just fine. there's no power and no bar showing work/idle, thus it just collects.
It's terribly inefficient, though. There's only so much the tank in the sewer can hold, and when you're generating more per sewer tick than the tank holds, you just wasted a bunch of sewage. I usually use upgrades so sewers cover a 3X3 area and then make my pen 9X9. You end up with some extra sewers, but I use those to generate mob essence. :)

Granted, I don't generally set up cow/pig/sheep/etc. farms any more...having several hundred entities doesn't play nice with frame rate.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
It's terribly inefficient, though. There's only so much the tank in the sewer can hold, and when you're generating more per sewer tick than the tank holds, you just wasted a bunch of sewage. I usually use upgrades so sewers cover a 3X3 area and then make my pen 9X9. You end up with some extra sewers, but I use those to generate mob essence. :)

Granted, I don't generally set up cow/pig/sheep/etc. farms any more...having several hundred entities doesn't play nice with frame rate.
It might be worth nabbing a liquid router if mob essence is clogging up the pipes you connect to your sewers. An alternate, cheaper setup could be to take a tank (from thermal expansion or openblocks/extrautilities/whatevver it is), pop a bucket of mob essence in it so only that fluid can go in, and connect that to your network, so the mob essence will drain into there and free up the pipes to just have sewage in them.

That might not work if you're doing poop engines though (reactant dynamos powered by sewage + catalyst) since they can take sewage and mob essence).

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
it's not cheating when you still have to grind the levels, especially when you increase the exp curve a bit (making it take longer for each level gained).
changing a core mechanic that gives you godly weapons when you're done is most DEFINATELY cheating, and I'm getting real sick of watching people complain about this or that, then you find out that they've been mucking with configs to the point that they are playing a completely different game, thus, they brought all these benefits and problems unto themselves. As Iskandar has stated previously, support will not be given to people modifying the packs in any ways. I wish that also disallowed themselves from pretending to understand the pack when they, again, are playing a completely different game.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Glad we're on the same page :D!
Doing something that's a mechanic of either vanilla mc or from the pack, is most definitely not cheating. A person may THINK it is cheating, and thus, declare it cheating from their own perspective, which in no way whatsoever makes it cheating to the overall base of people playing the game. Playstyle versus perspective.

How bout calling it the cowardly playstyle instead. I definately subscribe to the cowardly playstyle. I also turtle and push back all the mobs to give me breathing room. I'm definitely not cheating tho.

Let's be definitive here. Please. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1410657510][/DOUBLEPOST]

that's why you setup either an OB tank(or tanks) or TE in unison to each other, or drums or what have you to get the sewage out and hold it as a temporary basis while you add composters to create fertilizer or do whatever you want with it (or use ae and suck it all out). I've never experienced my single sewer jamming up from this. I've filled my tanks, so yes, then the problem exists that I need a bigger tank.

I see your point, but there are other solutions than creating multiple sewers. One will cover a large area and properly setup, is manageable.

side note. When setting the thing up and walking around pen before a single passive mob has been placed, I'll find sewage in the sewer, which means you, the player, also create sewage :) nice.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Phase 3 Power Gen complete, fire up the FTL relay and phone home for rescue from this dustball.
VhIWOXb.jpg

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Doing something that's a mechanic of either vanilla mc or from the pack, is most definitely not cheating. A person may THINK it is cheating, and thus, declare it cheating from their own perspective, which in no way whatsoever makes it cheating to the overall base of people playing the game. Playstyle versus perspective.

How bout calling it the cowardly playstyle instead. I definately subscribe to the cowardly playstyle. I also turtle and push back all the mobs to give me breathing room. I'm definitely not cheating tho.

Let's be definitive here. Please. :)

When I say cheating in a joking manner that is what it means though, at least that's what it's always meant in instances that I've seen it used jokingly like that.

I'm all for calling it cowardly if that's what people prefer that just seems worse to me haha. Seemed more likely people would care less about jokingly saying something is cheating vs calling a playstyle cowardly.

Oh well.

E: @pc_assassin

I saw that.

Reactions: pc_assassin

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
When I say cheating in a joking manner that is what it means though, at least that's what it's always meant in instances that I've seen it used jokingly like that.

I'm all for calling it cowardly if that's what people prefer that just seems worse to me haha. Seemed more likely people would care less about jokingly saying something is cheating vs calling a playstyle cowardly.

Oh well.

E: @pc_assassin

I saw that.
that was partially in jest. Trust me, it's been an ongoing thing where one person swears by X and the next person responds that it is cheating. I'm just trying to put some perspective on this. Using a regular mechanic that is intentional is not cheating. drinking water from an exploit is. I just think we need a new word for it, that's all. Cheating is cheating. being cowardly, and not having the stones to face the mobs on their terms, well. cowardly? :) Thus, that's why I said it. I run away from mobs more in this pack than any others, even including BnB (tho it's a very close second).

Reactions: Hoff

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
that was partially in jest. Trust me, it's been an ongoing thing where one person swears by X and the next person responds that it is cheating. I'm just trying to put some perspective on this. Using a regular mechanic that is intentional is not cheating. drinking water from an exploit is. I just think we need a new word for it, that's all. Cheating is cheating. being cowardly, and not having the stones to face the mobs on their terms, well. cowardly? :) Thus, that's why I said it. I run away from mobs more in this pack than any others, even including BnB (tho it's a very close second).

You say cowardly, I call it a tactical decision to engage the mobs intelligently. ;)

So what's that make a magnum torch, flipping the table and walking away? :p

Discretion is the better part of valor, right?

Exactly!

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
New trick for trench users(Also helpful farming large amount of dust by hand): Vacuous(Hopper + ender pearl) modifier on say your pick(Since it won't need repairs too often). Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing modifier for picking up drops really quickly. Had no idea it existed until recently. Just left click with the tool it's on. Who needed that ugly old coin of fortune anyway?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
that's why you setup either an OB tank(or tanks) or TE in unison to each other, or drums or what have you to get the sewage out and hold it as a temporary basis while you add composters to create fertilizer or do whatever you want with it (or use ae and suck it all out). I've never experienced my single sewer jamming up from this. I've filled my tanks, so yes, then the problem exists that I need a bigger tank.

I see your point, but there are other solutions than creating multiple sewers. One will cover a large area and properly setup, is manageable.

side note. When setting the thing up and walking around pen before a single passive mob has been placed, I'll find sewage in the sewer, which means you, the player, also create sewage :) nice.
Sure, but I think you're actually missing my point. If you've got a couple hundred cows (which I've had before, because trying to keep up with a fertilizer is pretty ridiculous...I think I was using 5 or 6 composters simultaneously and they were struggling to keep up) you're going to generate more sewage in one sewer tick than the sewer can actually hold, and the overflow is lost. So if you set it up as I mentioned, you can fill 9 sewers every sewer tick, thus generating more overall sewage.

More technically, the sewer holds, I believe, 4 buckets of sewage, and every animal generates X every sewer tick (the wiki claims 1 bucket every 1.5 seconds per 38 cows...that seems low to me. but I don't feel like testing) So if you've got more than 152 cows, a single sewer can't hold all the sewage you generate. If you had 2 sewers, you could (again, according to the wiki) generate 8 buckets every 1.5 seconds with 304 cows, while if you only had 1 sewer you'd still only get 4 buckets. When trying to keep up with a large fertilizer (I was using it to grow large mushrooms for my 14 bioreactors in 1.5 the last time I seriously tried to optimize one...I was running 32 max sized hp boilers on biofuel) you need more than 4 buckets every 1.5 seconds to make sure the fertilizer doesn't end up empty.

That's why I always use multiple sewers. For general usage you can probably get away with 1 (because I don't imagine many people keep more than 152 cows at any one time) but if you're trying to keep a fertilizer from running out, you're likely going to need multiple sewers and many, many cows (which ends up crazy laggy, and it was why I eventually switched those bioreactors to 9 different types of saplings.)

Besides, one craft get you 4, so might as well use them. :)