[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
he spawned on top of your smeltery maybe? most people forget top slab or torch it if it is to high?
bah. somehow I derped and forgot to torch an area of fencing when I expanded. knew it was my own stupidity and not zombie phasing... although that would be interesting. the creeper / shadowcat mod.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed this morning Doom, spiders are hopping over my fence in 1.0.7. and I made it the same way I did for 1.0.6. So that trick doesn't work anymore... I had a small spidermageddon at one point, with five of them hopping the fence at the same time. Fortunately I keep a doorway to the ship mostly closed off so spiders can't get in...

I went back to an older and slightly uglier style. Basically a row of slabs on top of my dust wall to stop mobs spawning there. Then an empty space over the pit, then another ring of slabs at the same height, floating in air. It bothers my sense of logic, but it keeps the spiders out while not giving shade for the mobs in the trench come dawn.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished wall Rose :) A 200x200x12 wall surronding the inner wall Sina which is 30x30x12. Finally I got enough space to do fun stuff :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
nope. I check that all the time. I leave F7 on while building it cause of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1403375817][/DOUBLEPOST]

why disable sprinklers? Especially w/new hunger mechanisms?
Because sprinklers behave like a water source block. You can right click fill bottles from sprinkler, even an empty one. Not a well known exploit, but an exploit nonetheless.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
I went back to an older and slightly uglier style. Basically a row of slabs on top of my dust wall to stop mobs spawning there. Then an empty space over the pit, then another ring of slabs at the same height, floating in air. It bothers my sense of logic, but it keeps the spiders out while not giving shade for the mobs in the trench come dawn.

My design uses microblocks to minimize the amount of materials needed. Place a two high wall of covers, then top it off with a panel. A panel is needed because while the cover does keep spiders from climbing up over the walls, it's thin enough to allow mobs to sit underneath. The panel is just thick enough to keep zombies and skeletons from hiding underneath the wall. Haven't had a single issue with this design yet.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is interested, that config setting is in HungerOverhaul.cfg on line 123.
ok now what I cant find this line the only lines i find related to stack sizes are these
# Multiplier on the stack size of food ('modifyFoodStackSize' must be true)
I:foodStackSizeMultiplier=1

# Changes the stack size of food to be dependant on the food's replenishment value
B:modifyFoodStackSize=true

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
ok now what I cant find this line the only lines i find related to stack sizes are these
# Multiplier on the stack size of food ('modifyFoodStackSize' must be true)
I:foodStackSizeMultiplier=1

# Changes the stack size of food to be dependant on the food's replenishment value
you can just disable the mod just click edit mod pack and select SOL mod and hit disable. Most mod pack will post if disabling mods will be bad for the pack.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
you can just disable the mod just click edit mod pack and select SOL mod and hit disable. Most mod pack will post if disabling mods will be bad for the pack.

k I will try that.... btw I watched your video and I just want to say that that was an amazing first night. keep up the good work!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I noticed this morning Doom, spiders are hopping over my fence in 1.0.7. and I made it the same way I did for 1.0.6. So that trick doesn't work anymore... I had a small spidermageddon at one point, with five of them hopping the fence at the same time. Fortunately I keep a doorway to the ship mostly closed off so spiders can't get in...

As I said, I put the slab in top position and spiders don't come through. even if I stand right on other side and jump and call them names. it was still good advice. I'm having no incursions that aren't my fault.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, more thoughts. I tried pneumaticraft (PC) in unstable and all I wanted to play with was drones so I breezed over alot of stuff at the time including NEI'ing items in. Since AE2 doesn't have MAC, I didn't really think about auto creation of stf in PC but yeah, that is a bit of an issue with the chamber. Since it'll pull items out regardless and you have to filter them, you can create a filter I guess but it'd be clumbersome. So, yes, it's doable in theory and you'd have to make one set of things and create a filter for it, up to 9 items and you could put an ME interface on that end (in this game I don't even have AE yet so I'm thinking forward). As I wrote this I realized, yeah... alot like the liquid transposer for doing fluiducts, redstone cells, etc.... you have to create one of each to create pattern anyways. dur. OK, I'll leave this paragraph in but I sorta invalidated it just now.

But, as I delved into this area so I could do a simple mob trap with grinder and get some energy flowing, I'm using up a bunch of resources towards this goal but also learning something. While doing this, I've heat stroked twice cause I'm trying to think about how to do the steps, I've run out of food and had to run back to get stf, I stupidly jumped into etching acid and did a forest gump moment trying to jump out of a 1x1 pit... it really makes me ponder this.

I've created another still suit so I can swap out in the field. I've made a knapsack so I can carry food. You have the enemy at the gates which you can 100% contain. You can ALLEVIATE the heatstroke/hydration by doubling up on suits, you can ALLEVIATE the food issue by knapsack. But it doesn't really give you time to get comfortable learning a new thing. I know from playing with PC before that the pumps will blow up dramatically if you don't add security upgrade and don't get me started on the redstone/gauge thing. I could NEVER get that to work tho I'm sure it's quite possible. my brain is not very porous.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that overall, the inclusion of SOL (and slightly so envrionmine) are fully acceptable given that you understand what you're doing. I guess what I might do is load up unstable w/latest PC and play with it more outside the need to worry about all this stuff and get comfortable there since here I'll end up forgoing my farming, eat all my food and just open the gates and let the heathens take me to nirvana.

This is not a pack to learn new things. It does allow you to use existing known things in different ways, but learning a whole new strategy with the sickle of god hanging over your head causes too much interruption (for me at least). Not the fault of the pack, just my opinion/observation.

btw, the guy that did PC really put his heart and soul into that mod. I had alot of fun playing with the drones and the programming, etc... It was too bad they were all named hodor and kept on colliding with the thing they built, getting stuck in the thing they built, running into and dying by colliding with a wall in their path (or floor for that matter), or just dying for whatever reason... This was many versions ago (unstable hasn't updated for a while I think). But the mod itself was pretty awesome. Watching the drones go after zombies with the hud on was funny as hell. The door might be a good way into the base since it'll sense your presence and open/close automatically. Elevator not so usefull here since the other elevator block is one of the first blocks I try to make when you can't fly anywhere. good for trees, smeltery, etc... My entrance to my base now is a glass platform 20 blocks up in air with elevators on both sides, one in base, one out. I elevator up, walk across, elevator down. when zombies learn how to use elevator, I'm screwed.

Croccy

Jul 29, 2019
There is a command block in the sky which allows skeletons to stand outside in the day.
97uFVJE.png

EOfnHiG.png

Perhaps this could be the new "Praise the Road!" from Agrarian Skies?
All hail the Command Block![DOUBLEPOST=1403409429][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was too bad they were all named hodor and kept on colliding with the thing they built, getting stuck in the thing they built, running into and dying by colliding with a wall in their path (or floor for that matter), or just dying for whatever reason...
Hodor hodor hodor.
Maybe you should hodor the hodor hodor.
Hodor.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
There is a command block in the sky which allows skeletons to stand outside in the day.

Perhaps this could be the new "Praise the Road!" from Agrarian Skies?
All hail the Command Block![DOUBLEPOST=1403409429][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hodor hodor hodor.
Maybe you should hodor the hodor hodor.
Hodor.

I so fell for that. it was my first death about 5 minutes in my first playthrough of AS. jadedcat is not a nice person. hodor.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, about that command block. Um, it isn't there, and you don't see anything?

That is supposed to be preventing rain on the hard map. It doesn't work reliably. Luckily, it is also no longer necessary. Expect it to be gone in 1.0.8. Along with rain.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
The food stack issue is from HungerOverhaul, not Spice of Life. Changing the config file line

to false reverts the stack sizes on food items to 64.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
hunger overhaul is the one that make your hunger go down faster right?