[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't just ducts, though. Some MFR machines seem to fail on unload/reload of chunks too. Though I suppose that could be because of a stuffed output somewhere along the line, though the machines appear completely dead as the "heartbeat/work" bar doesn't move at all.

As far as ducts go it is kind of funny considering I switched away from Buildcraft transport to Thermal Expansion transport specifically because of how TE's just seemed to magically work across multiple chunks without issue in 1.4x/1.5x. 1.6 has seen me go back to BC in packs where I have the option. I've managed to corrupt a save in practically every 1.6.x pack I've played, thanks to Thermal Expansion.

That is exactly due to either a stuffed duct or a 'no longer valid' inventory.

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear. Wonder if it's just some of the changes that some of us have already done (removal of some mobs, greifing, etc...)

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
It's a know issue/bug. It comes and goes. You can set your local skin by changing - .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar/mob/char.png

Reactions: ScottieC

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
I l
I actually found the city more entertaining when I bunkered up building to building, by the time I left, I'd cleared about 5-6 buildings and could use them for safehouses. It was interesting to fight the mobs off, like slowly conquering land and putting up defenses.
I find this a lot of fun too. I put torchs around the buildings that are claimed. Now that I am mpre experienced I am walling up spawners and making mini mob farms. I have a spider one and an enderman one so far.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I finally got around to making a jetpack (a resonant one), but it appears that you can't make jetpack armor? Is this right, or am I missing something (and yes, I know that you have to start with the iron and upgrade it, but there's no recipes for any of them.)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It isn't just ducts, though. Some MFR machines seem to fail on unload/reload of chunks too. Though I suppose that could be because of a stuffed output somewhere along the line, though the machines appear completely dead as the "heartbeat/work" bar doesn't move at all.

As far as ducts go it is kind of funny considering I switched away from Buildcraft transport to Thermal Expansion transport specifically because of how TE's just seemed to magically work across multiple chunks without issue in 1.4x/1.5x. 1.6 has seen me go back to BC in packs where I have the option. I've managed to corrupt a save in practically every 1.6.x pack I've played, thanks to Thermal Expansion.

MFR machines operating across chunk boundaries hitting the same conditions as ducts could also be what would cause that. That would be because both rely on FMP. In future versions of TE I believe they removed relying on FMP and instead coded up their own method or so was their intentions last I heard.

Also I've really gotta get out of the habit of hitting 't' when I want to tab out and press esc instead. 16 worlds lost to that so far.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Also I've really gotta get out of the habit of hitting 't' when I want to tab out and press esc instead. 16 worlds lost to that so far.
Ouch that realy stings iv lost 5 world's to being in a crafting window when I go to get a drink or something similar to that

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
So, I finally got around to making a jetpack (a resonant one), but it appears that you can't make jetpack armor? Is this right, or am I missing something (and yes, I know that you have to start with the iron and upgrade it, but there's no recipes for any of them.)
Yup, the jetpack armour was disabled for this pack.