[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
interesting... i'll try it out.

edit: so it works, but it looks terrible.
Have you tried SFM? I have yet to mess with using it to automate fluid transfer, but I recall someone mentioning using it to automate a smeltery system.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
wtf is that? I can't make heads or tails of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1409812241][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you tried SFM? I have yet to mess with using it to automate fluid transfer, but I recall someone mentioning using it to automate a smeltery system.
I tried. it don't work. you can't access the smeltery as a tank. :( wasn't 100% about berry bush, but yeah, this regrettably I am.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
i don't even know what that acronym is referencing.

so while trying to hide the mess that is that ingot casting design, i managed to crash the game and corrupt the save file. oh well, it wasn't meant to be i suppose.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
i don't even know what that acronym is referencing.

so while trying to hide the mess that is that ingot casting design, i managed to crash the game and corrupt the save file. oh well, it wasn't meant to be i suppose.
SFM is steves factory manager, according to Doom's note above he tried to use it and wasn't able to get it to work....... that's too bad. It's a powerful tool for automation.[DOUBLEPOST=1409812657][/DOUBLEPOST]
wtf is that? I can't make heads or tails of it

That's my test platform for trying to recreate the rubber banding bug that's been spoken about so much. So far no joy, even when generating huge volumes of "clippers".

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
SFM is steves factory manager, according to Doom's note above he tried to use it and wasn't able to get it to work....... that's too bad. It's a powerful tool for automation.
oh that thing that purplementat was messing around with in the interview. seems kind of overpowered, just sayin'

unrelated: anyone know if these mods are disabled by default for a specific reason?

bkHec.png

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've just sieved 5 stacks of stone and so far have an essence berry bush and a tin oreberry bush. There is definitely a better than 0% chance to sieve the berry bushes!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've just sieved 5 stacks of stone and so far have an essence berry bush and a tin oreberry bush. There is definitely a better than 0% chance to sieve the berry bushes!
Ouch, doesn't sound like the rng gods where with you, your yields seem a bit low compared to the numbers I posted above.[DOUBLEPOST=1409813104][/DOUBLEPOST]
unrelated: anyone know if these mods are disabled by default for a specific reason?

bkHec.png
My understanding was that lag was a big part of why those where disabled

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
oh that thing that purplementat was messing around with in the interview. seems kind of overpowered, just sayin'

bkHec.png
I believe they were disabled in 1.1.1 because they were causing massive TPS lag. They should be enabled by default in 1.1.2 though. I know they were when I updated from the 1.1.2 beta because I lost a world to a super spider who two hit me.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch, doesn't sound like the rng gods where with you, your yields seem a bit low compared to the numbers I posted above.[DOUBLEPOST=1409813104][/DOUBLEPOST]
My understanding was that lag was a big part of why those where disabled

I never count on luck when it comes to things like this, it never works out for me. What's important is that I got anything.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
okay i've finally got my first high oven > deep tank > smeltery setup, but i'm having problems with it. no matter what i try, i can't get it to transfer single ingots at a time from the deep tank to the smeltery. this makes this build useless when it comes to exact measurements for alloys. any ideas on what i can do?

ok jumped into a test world and set up my typical Hi Oven smeltery setup and desided to add SFM this does not include my sieving setup which pumps ore dust into the hi oven but does show the processing setup
pipe all molten metals into separate buffer tanks using servo white list 2014-09-04_03.11.16.png 2014-09-04_03.11.01.png with a ingot cast in each table and the tanks set to export this will alow you to process large amounts of molten metals without backing up the system. This is not needed for auto alloys but thought you guys may be interested in this setup

For auto Alloys using SFM
Im using the gold chest as my metals chest and then using SFM to check the chest every 5 mins to see if there are at least 10 aluminum brass ingots in the chest and if not then it will take 3 copper and 1 aluminum and put them into the smeltery. Then make sure pipe conected to the smeltery drain is white listed for each of the Alloys this way the metals dont get removed till they become alloys. This can be set up to auto craft any smeltery alloys im just using aluminum brass as a demo
2014-09-04_03.09.10.png 2014-09-04_03.09.19.png 2014-09-04_03.15.12.png

if anybody think this is intersting but finds the post too confusing let me know and ill see if i can make a video of me putting this together

Reactions: ScottieC

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
when using the high oven why not pipe into the casting table/basin directly instead of messing with the smeltery as a go between and keep alloy making separate

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...is it weird that I don't have much in the way of auto-sifting set up but I've got sections 2 & 4 of the quest book done, and am pretty close to finishing 1 &3 (I think all I've got in 1 is the data tablet)? I had 1 sieve with the SFM setup until today, but I was just throwing whatever dust I picked up into it, though I did have an AA hammering cobble into gravel for a while as well, until I got sick of sticking cobble and sticks into the chest for it to auto-craft. I haven't gotten around to setting up any kind of sorting yet, and I'm feeling way too lazy to do it, which is why my auto-sifting (which now has pulverizers producing gravel, sand and dust) is turned off, since the diamond chest it was shoving everything into got full.

Did have an interesting incursion the other day, though. A ghast dropped a ~600hp giant zombie into my compound (I keep forgetting to keep an eye out for ghasts) and while I was trying to deal with him (he kept running up onto the top of the ship so he could divebomb me if I tried to hide in there so I could stab him without him hitting me) he spawned a brutish zombie. That was an interesting encounter, but luckily I survived it.

All that said, I found a fun way to make my trench work extra hard for me. I've got it full of conveyor belts, which are pushing all the mobs through some blackout curtains into my dark spawn room. I end up grinding so many mobs at night that I can fill a couple of gold chests in a single night, even with it throwing out all the useless bits (torches, leather armor, swords, shovels, etc.) I've gotten some weird drops though. I have at least 6 cobble/stone/stone brinks with silverfish in them, a couple of slimeballs, the occasional redstone and some fermented spider eyes. Possibly other things that are slipping my mind at the moment. I don't know if there are just zombies that spawn holding these things or what, since I've not seen one drop from a mob I've killed (though I haven't killed many.)

Oh...and anyone know how much power TNT generators produce? I've been thinking about setting up a couple of them, but I'm not sure how useful they are.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ok jumped into a test world and set up my typical Hi Oven smeltery setup and desided to add SFM this does not include my sieving setup which pumps ore dust into the hi oven but does show the processing setup
pipe all molten metals into separate buffer tanks using servo white list View attachment 12766 View attachment 12767 with a ingot cast in each table and the tanks set to export this will alow you to process large amounts of molten metals without backing up the system. This is not needed for auto alloys but thought you guys may be interested in this setup

For auto Alloys using SFM
Im using the gold chest as my metals chest and then using SFM to check the chest every 5 mins to see if there are at least 10 aluminum brass ingots in the chest and if not then it will take 3 copper and 1 aluminum and put them into the smeltery. Then make sure pipe conected to the smeltery drain is white listed for each of the Alloys this way the metals dont get removed till they become alloys. This can be set up to auto craft any smeltery alloys im just using aluminum brass as a demo
View attachment 12768 View attachment 12769 View attachment 12770

if anybody think this is intersting but finds the post too confusing let me know and ill see if i can make a video of me putting this together

Yeah, back when I was playing with things, I got so discouraged about SFM not seeing the smeltery as a tank, tried the high oven/deep tank, nada. Essentially, the controller for all of the above is considered an item only container, which is fine, but no matter what, the drains would be seen as a tank but would not accept or take liquid. Using a fluiduct as a go between would be counter to the intended use.

I devised a system to do it, but it was really stupid, since, essentially, you had to pump ALL liquids out into seperate tanks (I was using EU drums when I did my test). You'll need one tank(drum) per fluid and all lined up alongside SFM. Using this method? Perfect. You can tell SFM to put an exact amount of any liquid or liquids into a casting basin/table (no ducts/faucets necessary) and make perfect alloys/ingots whenever you want. I had redstone receivers hooked up to levers with signs above stating what to make. It did work, but I was perturbed that it required a secondary system altogether to do it. abandoned the idea for the wasteful deep tank with multiple outputs into casting basin/tables (1 of each for each liquid) all around, going around the clock while I dumped everything into high oven. Then, if I needed any alloys, I'd make them through TE Induction smelter or make the ones I couldn't using the smeltery, using the ingots as source.

As a streamlined system, this could keep up with the high output I was making pretty well.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So...is it weird that I don't have much in the way of auto-sifting set up but I've got sections 2 & 4 of the quest book done, and am pretty close to finishing 1 &3 (I think all I've got in 1 is the data tablet)? I had 1 sieve with the SFM setup until today, but I was just throwing whatever dust I picked up into it, though I did have an AA hammering cobble into gravel for a while as well, until I got sick of sticking cobble and sticks into the chest for it to auto-craft. I haven't gotten around to setting up any kind of sorting yet, and I'm feeling way too lazy to do it, which is why my auto-sifting (which now has pulverizers producing gravel, sand and dust) is turned off, since the diamond chest it was shoving everything into got full.

Did have an interesting incursion the other day, though. A ghast dropped a ~600hp giant zombie into my compound (I keep forgetting to keep an eye out for ghasts) and while I was trying to deal with him (he kept running up onto the top of the ship so he could divebomb me if I tried to hide in there so I could stab him without him hitting me) he spawned a brutish zombie. That was an interesting encounter, but luckily I survived it.

All that said, I found a fun way to make my trench work extra hard for me. I've got it full of conveyor belts, which are pushing all the mobs through some blackout curtains into my dark spawn room. I end up grinding so many mobs at night that I can fill a couple of gold chests in a single night, even with it throwing out all the useless bits (torches, leather armor, swords, shovels, etc.) I've gotten some weird drops though. I have at least 6 cobble/stone/stone brinks with silverfish in them, a couple of slimeballs, the occasional redstone and some fermented spider eyes. Possibly other things that are slipping my mind at the moment. I don't know if there are just zombies that spawn holding these things or what, since I've not seen one drop from a mob I've killed (though I haven't killed many.)

Oh...and anyone know how much power TNT generators produce? I've been thinking about setting up a couple of them, but I'm not sure how useful they are.
I've been wanting to try that conveyer belt thing since I saw it mentioned here before. the wierd drops, yeah, I've seen em.

As far as the tnt gens go, iskandar/I talked about this once and he suggested them to me. I'll tell you what he told me. Put them somewhat far away from your base, and definately use a sound muffler. I think the gens for EU mostly all do similar output (obviously nether star gen is in class all it's own), but each use up the material for different amount of time. It works pretty damn well as a starter power system before you get very far into something akin to the reactant dynamos once you have a good amount of either sludge or mob essence, and gun powder (which you will need for tnt gen too). Overall, it's what I used pretty much my last playthrough. be sure to use the muffler, otherwise it sounds like you are under siege by cannons in the distance. iirc, I made 4 of them. Manually filled them with stack of tnt each.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so...

I had an unfortunate city incident. One five-story jump later, and splat. Time for a new world.

Second night and I had no less than five 'incursions' into my base. I was gonna NEI myself a potion of regen to make up for the glitches (still using 2% health regen), but zombies kept somehow pouring into my ship from nowhere while I was trying to set cheat mode. So I sealed myself inside a dirt tomb in the corner. And then a zombie spawned inside of my avatar.

Yes, you read that right.

I don't feel guilty about this at all. Nope, not one goddamn bit. If the monsters want to cheat, so will I.
xtOffFx.png

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wanting to try that conveyer belt thing since I saw it mentioned here before. the wierd drops, yeah, I've seen em.

As far as the tnt gens go, iskandar/I talked about this once and he suggested them to me. I'll tell you what he told me. Put them somewhat far away from your base, and definately use a sound muffler. I think the gens for EU mostly all do similar output (obviously nether star gen is in class all it's own), but each use up the material for different amount of time. It works pretty damn well as a starter power system before you get very far into something akin to the reactant dynamos once you have a good amount of either sludge or mob essence, and gun powder (which you will need for tnt gen too). Overall, it's what I used pretty much my last playthrough. be sure to use the muffler, otherwise it sounds like you are under siege by cannons in the distance. iirc, I made 4 of them. Manually filled them with stack of tnt each.
Actually, I've got 5 or 6 reactant dynamos running 2 grinders and 8 pulverizers, as well as 2 furnace generators powering my farms. I was just looking for something else I could use without having to transport mob essence all over the place. I've got enough ender pearls I could probably B-Space upgrade my charcoal barrel and add some more furnace generators elsewhere, or set up more stuff near my farms, as I've got the space. Was planning to do some biofuel, but harvestcraft crops grow so slow I don't know that I could keep up, even with all 9 items...might have to start growing non-oak/rubber trees in addition. With 5 trees, potatoes, carrots, ink and bonemeal, I'd probably be able to keep at least 1 bioreactor full all the time. I wonder if it'll take creeper seeds....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I say someone add MFFS and see if they get through that. then we'll know if Iskandar's trolling us or not. :)

TBH, the incursions I have seen were preventable using blocks that they can't spawn on in first place. Thus, half slabs and TE metal blocks.

They seem to ignore lighting from artificial sources to some degree and there is a specific unknown reason why that isn't a global problem, but under some circumstances, it fails and allows spawning in (and this is not the reinforcement mechanic at work).

Then you have reinforcement or whatever which I just can't speak for since I tend to hold back the mobs and push them to a certain distance away.

All I can say is. The way I play, I spiral out in 4 directions, usually one at a time, while I have resources/time, after about the first or second week, planning more space for things to plop down, etc... but continue doing that as I go on even when I don't need anymore space. Hard to explain without huge wall of text and/or pics. I'll try to make it one paragraph.

Initial walls trench take me 3-4 days to do and is about 20-30 blocks away from ship and engine on all sides. lit by torches. I pick a side to expand and go out about 40-50 blocks and close off that area, fence/slab top, and then light inside. Rinse repeat for other 3 blocks so I have a funny non symetrical city blocks. Then rinse/repeat a couple more times outwards. I usually end up with 1 city block area between any buildings/structures/factories whatever that are actually being used. All the exterior areas are lit by glowstone glass or bricks. Yes, I see yellow lines on F7 but they disappear as soon as you walk on them.

With that setup, over multiple games, I've had a handful, maybe 2 of 'incursions' and they are always (always!) on the outter areas lit by artificial lights. I've never ever had any incursions that I didn't cause myself on that important first ring of walls. ever.

That leads me to believe that proximity is key here. I don't know. I like it this way. Hell, I don't even get ghasts come a visiting since they like all mobs have to spawn outside and they have no LOS to me so they don't enter or just freely fly over and into my area. It's nice and peaceful and I can build in peace. Every so often I'll get bored, run around walls and taunt the mobs and sometimes jump over until I realize I'm being stupid and head back.

I say that if you actually like having them as neighbors, consider all the problems an added bonus and stop griping about it :) Seriously! Unless we figure out what's causing it, there's not much to do about it cept use my strategy. I guarantee 100% it does work.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Actually, I've got 5 or 6 reactant dynamos running 2 grinders and 8 pulverizers, as well as 2 furnace generators powering my farms. I was just looking for something else I could use without having to transport mob essence all over the place. I've got enough ender pearls I could probably B-Space upgrade my charcoal barrel and add some more furnace generators elsewhere, or set up more stuff near my farms, as I've got the space. Was planning to do some biofuel, but harvestcraft crops grow so slow I don't know that I could keep up, even with all 9 items...might have to start growing non-oak/rubber trees in addition. With 5 trees, potatoes, carrots, ink and bonemeal, I'd probably be able to keep at least 1 bioreactor full all the time. I wonder if it'll take creeper seeds....

I had a row of cursed earth grinders filling up a couple deep tanks with mob essence fed into like 32 or so reactant dynamos and it gave me more than enough power to sustain everything cept a mining laser which is why I even created a 7x7x7 big reactor. this was in 111. I considered at the time, that the tnt generators were a good starter before I had that going full on cause I used it to run my harvester/planter fertilizer for water creation and got a ton of sludge from that to kickstart my reactant dynamos which allowed more grinders which allowed that row of them which gave me essence which gave me everything else.

Does anyone know if mobs can despawn if on a MFR conveyer belt? I think with the massive upswing of mobs from ZA or special mobs, I think I'll be able to try that conveyer belt of fun to one grinder and be able to come off pretty good w/o cursed earth or anything else. seems like a good idea.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019

TnT generators are great, IMO. I've used one for quite a while. 2 Reactant Dynamos and a single Grinder and I still have all the gunpowder I need for my single TnT generator. It's 80RF/t for 2 mins per piece of TnT, but it runs like the Survivalist Generator, only eating a piece of TnT when the last one has run out AND it needs power. This makes it far superior to other generators, IMO, that will eat and eat and eat and waste power all day long.

So yeah, I love them. Remember, they are loud, noisey, and do hurt, even thru walls. And the explosion isn't always tiny, by any stretch of the imagination. So yeah...FAR away from your base. The upside is the explosions don't grief, even microblocks, so you're good on that front.