[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted a 'wandering ghost' mod for player death. This isn't quite the experience I imagined for it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, I guess now, I do same test in this world but add chicken chunks to test out theory. I am not using mfr for testing. I won't use it. it sucks creeper poo.

tszaboo

Jul 29, 2019
Either way, you will need air pressure to make the stuff work - but the assembly line is a true "fire and forget" system if you hook up the redstone.
Wait, you dont need to UV the PCB if you have the assembly line? That would be helpful.
BTW what I made is also fire and forget. Just put the blanks in one chest, fully UVd automatically pulled out, goes to chest, circulates in flowing acid until ready.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
ok first off I don't understand the english i speak either man my head is fried. Anyways my PC specs pentium cpu g630@ 2.7ghz 2.70ghz 4 gigs ram and no video card this is what i ment about to many variables your pc far outweighs mine and you were having probs creating this bug but after you pushed your pc you managed it

So unless you can think of another prob with my theory then i say you confermed just by the fact that it was so hard for you to create and the only time you had success was when you pushed your PC.

If it's caused by lag, I think I can probably replicate it. I'm on a 2.1 GHz dual-core CPU with 2 GB of DDR2-800. What do I need to pop into Creative and do?

Just creat a shell then travel to a city or other far off place and kill your self and see what happens
Then do the same thing while using a chunk loader beside the shell. If im right then when you test without a chunk loader you will ether spawn in a fake void or under the shell and with the loader you should walk out of the shell and be fine. If you want then repeat with your render distance set to tiny or short to vsee if it makes a diff.

if you spawn in a fake void and quit the world the save will be fine when you reload it you will just be under the shell but if your game crashes while in the fake void then the save will be corrupted

Fake Void 2014-08-31_04.49.54.png void location on the map 2014-08-31_05.11.40.png

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
you guys found the whitezone! :p

Wait, you dont need to UV the PCB if you have the assembly line? That would be helpful.
BTW what I made is also fire and forget. Just put the blanks in one chest, fully UVd automatically pulled out, goes to chest, circulates in flowing acid until ready.
I couldnt be arsed setting up an automated UV/Etching - not if there was a machine that did it for me, no matter how grindy and frustrating it was to make it, and yes ... the assey line does UV and Etch the pcb for you.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Alright, so this is going to be hard to state definatively if this fixes it or not. I tp'd to 20000 70 200000, landed smack dab in middle of city forming again, lag like hell, grab jetpack, and jump to death.

Did same with 25k,70,25k, this time appeared near some nether spiral things, wandered around a bit and jumped to death.

Both times the same thing happened.

I died, I rise up animation, I appear underground right next to previous waypoint marker, very very slowly, I start going down further than that spot, once ending up around y level 30 or so. and then I suddenly appear in my sync.

I added chicken chunk loader and plopped it down before these 2 tests. I don't know. that beginning part where it seemed like I was in mid-flight but below the sync and dropping, I didn't take any damage, no suffocation, nothing. I just passed through ghost like. I was truly forcing some loaded/unloaded chunks to happen tho I didn't check f3 nor have I added opis tho that wouldn't help much here.

Part of me wants to stress test that above the ground part that I did in the first trial again since I never pushed it too far out tho I tp'd twice to far locations but nothing happened.

This was fun. I felt like I should have been listening to MCR or something while endlessly killing myself over and over and over again. suicide simulator? :} damn, I should have made that pack for jampacked. quest 1. jump off cliff. quest 2, jump off higher cliff. quest 3: get eaten by 3 zombies at once. quest 4: get into staring contest with a pack of endermen. epic.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...Lightning Enderman are a thing. An evil, terrible thing. Here I am, hanging out in the ship, all the entrances blocked off, and there's the sound of an enderman teleporting like mad. It was night, but I'm guessing it must have been "raining". All of a sudden, there's another teleport noise, followed by a massive explosion that one shots me. Luckily, I took the easy way (honestly, that might have been the end of the pack for me if I'd lost my world) so my sync shell is right there. The inside of the ship is on fire, fortunately nothing is destroyed, however. Chat ways I was killed by a lightning enderman.

Anyway, call me a noob, but it seems to me that it's a bit harsh when you can be in a fully lit enclosed area and have a mob teleport in and one shot you...other than that, loving the pack. Finally managed a successful city raid so I have a smeltery and (soon) a high oven...even came back with 4 blaze rods, since there were 2 blaze spawners and an enderman spawner in the TiCon building.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ok first off I don't understand the english i speak either man my head is fried. Anyways my PC specs pentium cpu g630@ 2.7ghz 2.70ghz 4 gigs ram and no video card this is what i ment about to many variables your pc far outweighs mine and you were having probs creating this bug but after you pushed your pc you managed it

So unless you can think of another prob with my theory then i say you confermed just by the fact that it was so hard for you to create and the only time you had success was when you pushed your PC.

Just creat a shell then travel to a city or other far off place and kill your self and see what happens
Then do the same thing while using a chunk loader beside the shell. If im right then when you test without a chunk loader you will ether spawn in a fake void or under the shell and with the loader you should walk out of the shell and be fine. If you want then repeat with your render distance set to tiny or short to vsee if it makes a diff.

if you spawn in a fake void and quit the world the save will be fine when you reload it you will just be under the shell but if your game crashes while in the fake void then the save will be corrupted

Fake Void View attachment 12687 void location on the map View attachment 12688

yeah, I'm so stupid. didn't get proof of my trip to the 'white zone' :} I swear I saw herobrine tho. he told me that he wears big boy pants, put his finger to his lips shusshing me and exploded like a firecracker creeper. what mushrooms did I eat on my pizza tonight?

anyways. yeah. It was weird. btw, if my pc far outweighs yours, don't play 1.7. my pc chugs so badly that I am lucky to get 1 FPS in any pack.

As far as things go tho, yeah. I think most definately that the chunkloader keeps you from dying when you spawn under sync. What I would like to further test tho is if the in air sync does the same minus chunkloader. I'm going to create a new test world and try the same far away tp's like what got me all the good results this time. btw, that way I think forces your instance to do something awful. I'd say that's the perfect test. /tp to some odd location far far away. don't bother going to city. just do that. It worked in all those last sets of tests.

I love it when I'm right (it doesn't happen alot, so I have a little party in my storage drawers when it does). but yeah, a real chunkloader should be added to pack I think. and no, I don't think a machine frame needs to be added to recipe. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1409479329][/DOUBLEPOST]
So...Lightning Enderman are a thing. An evil, terrible thing. Here I am, hanging out in the ship, all the entrances blocked off, and there's the sound of an enderman teleporting like mad. It was night, but I'm guessing it must have been "raining". All of a sudden, there's another teleport noise, followed by a massive explosion that one shots me. Luckily, I took the easy way (honestly, that might have been the end of the pack for me if I'd lost my world) so my sync shell is right there. The inside of the ship is on fire, fortunately nothing is destroyed, however. Chat ways I was killed by a lightning enderman.

Anyway, call me a noob, but it seems to me that it's a bit harsh when you can be in a fully lit enclosed area and have a mob teleport in and one shot you...other than that, loving the pack. Finally managed a successful city raid so I have a smeltery and (soon) a high oven...even came back with 4 blaze rods, since there were 2 blaze spawners and an enderman spawner in the TiCon building.

THAT specific instance tho, is bad RNG. I can see it happening, and that I think IS intended. endermen teleport in vanilla mc and yes, there are worse endermen out there and yes, they hate rain. making sure your areas are 2 high will keep them endermen proof. so, since there's a way, it's not really OP. :} ender creepers on the other hand. :) the fact that you didn't die again after sync is awesome. I once came back to base and found about 10-15 endermen hanging out at an alcoholics anonymous meeting downstairs. I had to tell them they had to pay for the coffee. it was not pretty.

Reactions: cannajan

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so this is going to be hard to state definatively if this fixes it or not. I tp'd to 20000 70 200000, landed smack dab in middle of city forming again, lag like hell, grab jetpack, and jump to death.

Did same with 25k,70,25k, this time appeared near some nether spiral things, wandered around a bit and jumped to death.

Both times the same thing happened.

I died, I rise up animation, I appear underground right next to previous waypoint marker, very very slowly, I start going down further than that spot, once ending up around y level 30 or so. and then I suddenly appear in my sync.

I added chicken chunk loader and plopped it down before these 2 tests. I don't know. that beginning part where it seemed like I was in mid-flight but below the sync and dropping, I didn't take any damage, no suffocation, nothing. I just passed through ghost like. I was truly forcing some loaded/unloaded chunks to happen tho I didn't check f3 nor have I added opis tho that wouldn't help much here.

Part of me wants to stress test that above the ground part that I did in the first trial again since I never pushed it too far out tho I tp'd twice to far locations but nothing happened.

This was fun. I felt like I should have been listening to MCR or something while endlessly killing myself over and over and over again. suicide simulator? :} damn, I should have made that pack for jampacked. quest 1. jump off cliff. quest 2, jump off higher cliff. quest 3: get eaten by 3 zombies at once. quest 4: get into staring contest with a pack of endermen. epic.

sounds like despite some weird visuals you dident have any probs with sync while pushing your pc and using a loader. This is further confirmation that lag while loading the shell is the cause. So having a sync in a loaded chunk does seem fix this.
Thanks for all the help this has been bothering me every since i first heard of this but i just couldent get a grasp on it till i saw Landstryder have the same prob which got me to thinking of the lag prob then when this came up again yestarday i desided it was time to fix this so once again thanks

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
sounds like despite some weird visuals you dident have any probs with sync while pushing your pc and using a loader. This is further confirmation that lag while loading the shell is the cause. So having a sync in a loaded chunk does seem fix this.
Thanks for all the help this has been bothering me every since i first heard of this but i just couldent get a grasp on it till i saw Landstryder have the same prob which got me to thinking of the lag prob then when this came up again yestarday i desided it was time to fix this so once again thanks
No problem. I hadn't realized the spawn chunks weren't the ship, otherwise, yeah, I would have probably thought about that.

Also, that explains something else: Why we didn't have these problems before 112 came out. Up until 112, the spawn area WAS the ship. right? This explains quite a bit. I still think the chunkloader needs to be added to solve the TE and AE issues. but yeah, explains a whole lot.

This was fun tho. I'm going to go out now and jump off some buildings. I just can't stop it now. must.jump.off.cliff.speaking.like.shatner.now.... ISSSKKKAAAAAHHHHHHHHNNDDDDEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*cough*

Reactions: Shane2482

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
No problem. I hadn't realized the spawn chunks weren't the ship, otherwise, yeah, I would have probably thought about that.

Also, that explains something else: Why we didn't have these problems before 112 came out. Up until 112, the spawn area WAS the ship. right? This explains quite a bit. I still think the chunkloader needs to be added to solve the TE and AE issues. but yeah, explains a whole lot.

This was fun tho. I'm going to go out now and jump off some buildings. I just can't stop it now. must.jump.off.cliff.speaking.like.shatner.now.... ISSSKKKAAAAAHHHHHHHHNNDDDDEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*cough*
yes in 111 Iskandar didnt need to move the ship cause ther wasnt anything to move away from also note that in 111 ppl were staying pretty close to the ship but now they have to travel to the cities. And have fun jumping off the buildings :p

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
2014-08-31_03.32.28.png
Even tho it's a test world, this is still so damn terrifying. this guy just stared at me for like a minute on end, not moving. waiting for sync shells to spin up and he's like "come ON".

Genshou. new test. glass walls. see how long you can go w/o freaking the hell out as their piercing stare goes right through you.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 12689
Even tho it's a test world, this is still so damn terrifying. this guy just stared at me for like a minute on end, not moving. waiting for sync shells to spin up and he's like "come ON".

Genshou. new test. glass walls. see how long you can go w/o freaking the hell out as their piercing stare goes right through you.

Then later you find out he's just being the decoy and one of his friends drop behind you waiting for you to turn around.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok. final proof / test. did what I said. made more syncs, no chunkloader, did a couple far tp's. first one no issue, second no issue. third tho, even with in the air sync, I spawned under that sync at y level 60 and suffocated.

In air doesn't matter. it's the chunkloader that solves this. and only that.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Then later you find out he's just being the decoy and one of his friends drop behind you waiting for you to turn around.
soartex makes regular creepers wierd looking, and those tiny creepers so damn cute. I don't know how that works. I want one of the baby ones as a pet following me around. I might add dartcraft just for bane to see if I could do that.

but yeah, like back in high school, bunch of guys would talk to you, one would get behind you and get on his hands/knees. I used to see that coming and before the push, I'd sit down on the guy behind me and hopefully ate chili at lunch. :)

and yes, I have a sword. after the mini invasion, I don't wanna be killed before I'm ready to be killed. I want to know how that one time the block disappeared. It freaked the hell out of me with the mini's jumping through cause it was one block up (eye level) so they were all jumping up into that one block and veering right towards me like little remote control cars of death. they are so damn cute when they're angry.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
last thing (as if). I noticed something I never noticed before, while in my "cage". so, like in life, all the mobs have different sizes. I'm not talking mini versions of the other mobs, I'm talking in between. Not all the creepers are X tall or X/2. there are slight differences in height ranging from X down to X/2 where the X/2 are minis. I never noticed that before cause I was running for my life before that. same with zombies, skels and endermen. can't tell w/spiders really. weird. not visual glitches either.

Only thing left is the poo mod where the mobs poop. I'll grab a chair and watch them poo all night. Go out in the morning and really pick up the drops.

yup. I had to end with that.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I will say 2 more things.

1) made a sig since I actually have something to put in there. I post enough (yes, walking billboard here) that hopefully people will see it. When iskandar comes back from his 'vacation', he should make a highlight in OP to signify this in bold red blinking letters (the warning about the sync shell, not that I now have a sig).

2) I now think Mdiyo is a jehova's witness. Every time I died and came back, boom, I had a Materials and you book in my hand. It was surreal, like I was reading it in the afterlife or something. Think about the movie beetlejuice. That waiting room, filled with Materials and you and all the ghouls and ghosts kick back, waiting for their number to be called, learning how to setup a smeltery and such. Hello sir, may I talk with you today about the glory that is the skun? He watches over you day and night and seeps into your soul to rip it out each day.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
THAT specific instance tho, is bad RNG. I can see it happening, and that I think IS intended. endermen teleport in vanilla mc and yes, there are worse endermen out there and yes, they hate rain. making sure your areas are 2 high will keep them endermen proof. so, since there's a way, it's not really OP. :} ender creepers on the other hand. :) the fact that you didn't die again after sync is awesome. I once came back to base and found about 10-15 endermen hanging out at an alcoholics anonymous meeting downstairs. I had to tell them they had to pay for the coffee. it was not pretty.
There was nothing to kill me after I synced...the lightning enderman are apparently kamikazes. He TP'ed right behind me and blew up. I guess I could lower the ceilings in the ship, but anything lower than three blocks high is so claustrophobic...I knew I should have just slept. I guess it serves me right for trying to be productive at night.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 12689

FYI, for testing purposes if you go into creative mode and right click a sync shell constructor 2 times it will instantly create a clone no power needed. Also, once a clone is at 100%, the constructor no longer needs power for the revive to function.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Well Dires been doing some reserch and i feel so sry for Iskandar seeing something you built on a Dire video is so nerve racking i mean i just built the buildings and i know that with the mods i can only do so much with them but now im sitting here thinking what could i have done better. So i can only imagine how Iskandar feels.
Iskandar congrats on a great pack and thanks for letting me help make it better.

Reactions: ScottieC