[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Andreonh

Jul 29, 2019
I know this gets brought up quite a bit, but how in the heck am I supposed to get a smeltery when coming within 20 blocks distance of any building causes monster spawns like nothing you have ever seen. On top of if you manage to make it to a smeltery building there are at least 2 spawners on the immediate level you are on. How am I supposed to mine the entire smeltery, and still make it out alive. There's difficult, and then there's impossible, and then there's those effing cities. It's not that I have trouble surviving either, as I can survive for any length of time and have plenty of food, water, etc. Just frustrated I guess that the smeltery is pushed towards complete end game leaving you essentially doing nothing for a long time.

Reactions: Shane2482

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
I know this gets brought up quite a bit, but how in the heck am I supposed to get a smeltery when coming within 20 blocks distance of any building causes monster spawns like nothing you have ever seen. On top of if you manage to make it to a smeltery building there are at least 2 spawners on the immediate level you are on. How am I supposed to mine the entire smeltery, and still make it out alive. There's difficult, and then there's impossible, and then there's those effing cities. It's not that I have trouble surviving either, as I can survive for any length of time and have plenty of food, water, etc. Just frustrated I guess that the smeltery is pushed towards complete end game leaving you essentially doing nothing for a long time.

well u can do what i did, hang glider, jetpack, food , water , sleeping bag, invar armour , gun :3

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
As someone that helped build the cities i love coments like this:)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
As someone that helped build the cities i love coments like this:)
Shane2482:-> *grin*

For the matter at hand. it's simple and you answered your own question if you look at it. Last sentence. Nothing to do. Nothing to do? Seems you need armor and other things to survive. Maybe you went there too early? Look back in this thread, do a search for grout. You'll find us all figuring out what to do. You can make grout, although quite slowly and you could create smeltery w/o going to city. I didn't. I used hit and run tactics. Hit them and run like hell. Kamikaze those spawners and if you get out alive, heal up, get next one. Learn where the spawners are. From a distance, see the little fire thing even behind other blocks.

Or, go back to base. Make invar (w/o smeltery, grind iron/ferrous dusts and combine in crafting grid to make invar blend, and cook it). Make armor. Make sword. make glider. bring lots of dust so you can pillar up in a pinch and glide away from danger. Have good situational awareness if you do go, and listen for pigs dropping (donuts sometimes). use zans map (enable neutral mobs since pig zombies won't show up unless you do). If in doubt, run like forest gump. don't look back. run, pillar, glide. slink back home. be the scaredy cat. scaredy cats stay alive.

and this isn't end game. not even in the least.

use this thread's search function. You'll find all your answers there.

Reactions: Shane2482

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Shane2482:-> *grin*

For the matter at hand. it's simple and you answered your own question if you look at it. Last sentence. Nothing to do. Nothing to do? Seems you need armor and other things to survive. Maybe you went there too early? Look back in this thread, do a search for grout. You'll find us all figuring out what to do. You can make grout, although quite slowly and you could create smeltery w/o going to city. I didn't. I used hit and run tactics. Hit them and run like hell. Kamikaze those spawners and if you get out alive, heal up, get next one. Learn where the spawners are. From a distance, see the little fire thing even behind other blocks.
and this isn't end game. not even in the least.

use this thread's search function. You'll find all your answers there.

well you may like this little tid bit of info iv just sent Iskandar the files for the 113 cities and they contain 6 cities and 36 buildings there are still only 9 types of buildings but they have all been changed in one way or another. Still working on the new ruins there will be about 15 of them if i can get some help which despite all the people on here is harder than i thought.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Stick to the middle of the streets and be ready to sprint. It isn't the ground floor spawners that will get you it is the pigmen hoards jumping from 2nd and 3rd stories. Stay out of non-objective buildings until you're comfortable fighting in the city. Run down the middle of the widest street you see on first approach until you find a tinker building. Use the ground floor walls/windows to get close to those 2 spawners and destroy them. Blazes have very little HP, easy kills with the needlegun.

If you chose easy path never do anything risky unless your shell is ready to go. If you chose hard path consider building your own Sync equipment before going to the city. It can be done, I did it.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Drinking gives me a status effect "Dehydration IV" Then I dehydrate and die.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Last edited:

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/LWLvm2t

well apparently it's raining and i can't sleep

if u get this message try enclosing the bed should work[DOUBLEPOST=1408674219][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would one of them weather collector thing work then if it rains without water?

i believe thats disabled[DOUBLEPOST=1408674314][/DOUBLEPOST]also it appeears that when u are tilling grass with a mattock for seeds not farmland the mattock breaks and dissapears

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
http://imgur.com/LWLvm2t

well apparently it's raining and i can't sleep
That's adding insult to injury. There's supposed to be an easter egg that vswe put into steve's drought but I didn't see it. I have a 1x1 plains biome that when it rains, it actually rains there. ran back to base, made barrel, put it on spot, nothing. dunno if that's easter egg, but I read later that iskandar said u need to look at F3 when that happens. haven't checked. but yeah. insult to injury. damn you skrain![DOUBLEPOST=1408675038][/DOUBLEPOST]
also it appeears that when u are tilling grass with a mattock for seeds not farmland the mattock breaks and dissapears
Yeah, that one sucks. It's a tinkers tweak or tico issue I think. It's cause you have shovel and axe head in there and there's two durabilities and when it runs out, it gets destroyed or something. Had that happen too many times. It's a pita especially for doing that.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
When i got in the game, i saw a message that said it was not in hardcore mode, yet when i die it deleted the world. Is this a hardcore pack? Or does it have an option for regular play?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
When i got in the game, i saw a message that said it was not in hardcore mode, yet when i die it deleted the world. Is this a hardcore pack? Or does it have an option for regular play?
It recognized that you play BNB so it adjusted accordingly. *grin*

Seriously, it's an interaction between sync and HQM. HC is active, you don't get hearts, you need to use a sync shell to get life after death. and then eyamaz->RNG sometimes has you spawning in a wall, so you have a 50/50 chance to live even with sync shell. it's a feature. :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
You are always speaking of randomly suffocating, I have yet to reproduce, but my safety measure is to place the cell about 10 blocks above the earth in a water column. I have to place it on a solid block , but I choose one easily broken bare handed (dirt). That way if the cell doesn't spawn me perfectly centered survival should be a matter of swimming out of the water or at worst breaking the dirt block.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
That's adding insult to injury. There's supposed to be an easter egg that vswe put into steve's drought but I didn't see it. I have a 1x1 plains biome that when it rains, it actually rains there. ran back to base, made barrel, put it on spot, nothing. dunno if that's easter egg, but I read later that iskandar said u need to look at F3 when that happens. haven't checked. but yeah. insult to injury. damn you skrain![DOUBLEPOST=1408675038][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, that one sucks. It's a tinkers tweak or tico issue I think. It's cause you have shovel and axe head in there and there's two durabilities and when it runs out, it gets destroyed or something. Had that happen too many times. It's a pita especially for doing that.

i managed to work around it by always fixing it b4 it turns red durability but im just sad i lost my mastered bone mattock D: took me forever to get it their

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You are always speaking of randomly suffocating, I have yet to reproduce, but my safety measure is to place the cell about 10 blocks above the earth in a water column. I have to place it on a solid block , but I choose one easily broken bare handed (dirt). That way if the cell doesn't spawn me perfectly centered survival should be a matter of swimming out of the water or at worst breaking the dirt block.
is the water just there to get in/out, otherwise why use water? Why not just put it in air supported by one dirt block? Not understanding what the water is for.

and btw, it only happened to _ME_ once, but I've seen at least 2-3 people that said same thing right here in this topic.