[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
On the subject of hunger overhaul and SoL, I was really hoping they would make it so once you ate a food 5 times that has bread as an ingredient, all foods that use bread are also effected by the diminishing returns. That way you can't just alternate between grape jelly sandwiches and strawberry jelly sandwiches. All sandwiches and burgers and donuts and anything with dough/bread in it would be diminished.

I also would like to see food spoil over time, which is one of the config options in hunger overhaul, but it's not implemented yet. This would prevent you from just making stacks and stacks of food in one shot and putting it all away in a chest to last you hundreds of hours real time. Looking forward to how hunger overhaul and SoL change in the future versions of minecraft.
UMm....NO! Why would you ever do that. If i eat a PB&j in real life, when would that ever make me not want a chile cheese burger. crazy talk.[DOUBLEPOST=1408631712][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has anyone survived more than 4 days with out a cheat? This is a ferocious mod/map. Can someone demonstrate how the sync thing works? Its doing nothing for me. Can't get the battery to behave.
who used a cheat?

Reactions: ThorinNL

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Just to throw this out there you can build your wall 4 high and when you get auto sand feed that into ur auto smelter and buil 4 more high with clear glass and the cap it off on the roof not high to worry about any flying mobs.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Visited two abandoned cities near my base. No big reactor buildings. Good thing I crafted up a reactant jetpack and can just fly around in my world searching for these things. Just past day 150 and I've got everything setup except AE and big reactors.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie scent and light awarneness is disabled...
9b16815240059ea9d7ae7faee4d106e3.png
p.s. i think it would be more realistic if awarness light would be true while sound was off
Weird, although it is pretty funny how effective just two random pits happen to be. Gonna enable special mobs and see what if anything changes. May as well since I'm on the verge of finishing a wall...sort of considering just using leaves as a roof.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
BTW, in case anyone was interested: I created a demolition crew of drones and let them dismantle a building.

It worked reasonably well, except for some reason the drones decided to just run out of compressed air instead of returning to the charging station. Maybe it was too far away?

I recommend arming them with good tools. Ideally I'd ensure they broke blocks depending on which tool they have (so that axe-wielders killed book-cases, etc) but have no idea how to go about that.

edit: can they wield multiple tools? I didn't test that. Maybe they can hold both axe and pickaxe, that would make things go a ton faster.

Reactions: LostBMe

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, although it is pretty funny how effective just two random pits happen to be. Gonna enable special mobs and see what if anything changes. May as well since I'm on the verge of finishing a wall...sort of considering just using leaves as a roof.
I tried to enable the light awarness and disable sound one and i kinda like the light awarness more than sound couse it dosent create that much latency lag for me and u still get a lot of mobs (got 40 bones and 30 flesh during first night)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
the reason they don't show up for you? They're scared. yup. they sent me an email. you frighten them with your big boy pants and frying pan of hate. they are very worried for you and want you to get help. :)
Lol, you know, last night I let a couple of beers speak for me and came off more than a little condisending towards Lostbme (pardon me).

I suspect you mr. doomsquirter are not going to let me forget it and we'll all laugh allong the way....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Question: any ranged weapons available better than the needle gun (Other than shortbow)

I miss the brutally overpowered gravel gun from RoC sometimes. Balance can bite me.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Hoooooly cow I'm glad I made a backup of my world before I enabled special mobs. Everything went fine with mobs, but I was killed exploring the nearby city. I had a sync clone ready, but all that happened was that I suffocated in a wall. Sort of terrifying and annoying. At least "all" I lost was an hour of stuff...I probably should have thought a little faster and enabled creative as soon as I started taking damage.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Question: any ranged weapons available better than the needle gun (Other than shortbow)

I miss the brutally overpowered gravel gun from RoC sometimes. Balance can bite me.
Well, you can build the rocket launcher. Not sure what it is called, but look at all the MFR stuff, it should be obvious. Ammo is a bit expensive, and it can be a bit dangerous to use.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, you can build the rocket launcher. Not sure what it is called, but look at all the MFR stuff, it should be obvious. Ammo is a bit expensive, and it can be a bit dangerous to use.
Hoping for something a bit more precise :p

I believe you get that rocket launcher pretty early as a quest reward don't you? Towards the end of the first chapter or some such? I forget.

Maybe one of the needlegun ammos is pretty sweet. I should check them out in more detail.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019

I believe you get that rocket launcher pretty early as a quest reward don't you? Towards the end of the first chapter or some such? I forget.

Maybe one of the needlegun ammos is pretty sweet. I should check them out in more detail.
*potential spoiler* You unlock the quest by killing 40-ish zombies

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

have you tried a bow from TiCo. most times it levels and get haste and you could put blaze powder on for flaming. Don't know if sharpness works on bows? I think you can make a reg wood one or you could do the research and see which one has the shortest draw time. It works with reg arrow as i remember. also u can make the canisters for the needle gun if i recall right. So you could keep a stack of needle gun ammo on you if you are at med game.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, you know, last night I let a couple of beers speak for me and came off more than a little condisending towards Lostbme (pardon me).

I suspect you mr. doomsquirter are not going to let me forget it and we'll all laugh allong the way....

Really? Didn't even notice it:p Besides I'm too happy I'm managing to stay alive this long - for a peaceful player.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
have you tried a bow from TiCo. most times it levels and get haste and you could put blaze powder on for flaming. Don't know if sharpness works on bows? I think you can make a reg wood one or you could do the research and see which one has the shortest draw time. It works with reg arrow as i remember. also u can make the canisters for the needle gun if i recall right. So you could keep a stack of needle gun ammo on you if you are at med game.

Bored of the whole shortbow thing tbh. I currently have a large amount of needle gun ammo, but wanted to try to find something with a bit more bite.

If its not disabled, matter cannon + lead nuggets looks like it might be fun.