[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I don't I build a wooden gate and use dust and dark glass to wall up my exit ramp, then bunker/pillbox through the night. Besides, the simple trench won't keep everything out so your going to want to hide in anyways, unless you make a super small trench that barely gives room for one or two trees. If you do that then make a bone pan and/or mattock. The pan has great knockback (?)and gives a slowness debuff(?) while the mattock has the highest non-weapon damage I've seen in basic tinkers tools (+6 bone tool damage).
the mattock does have the highest damage but i don't believe it gain xp for killing mobs. so you will not get buffs. If you use the dagger you or make metal swords you can get the lifesteal mod sometimes. :) My old dagger had knockback on it. once maxed you can add the increased undead mod to it if it does not give it to you. There are cheap too so you can make many and max then out and then add buffs to them for the different mob types.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Iv got a question about the cities has anyone been brave enough to go into the subway and if so whats it like

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
the mattock does have the highest damage but i don't believe it gain xp for killing mobs. so you will not get buffs. If you use the dagger you or make metal swords you can get the lifesteal mod sometimes. :) My old dagger had knockback on it. once maxed you can add the increased undead mod to it if it does not give it to you. There are cheap too so you can make many and max then out and then add buffs to them for the different mob types.
Thanks for the suggestion, I usually stick to the mattock until I can get a sword, but I'll give your daggers idea a try.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
67 days in (not using beds either), still haven't seen mobs throwing each other to try to get over my trenches or my walls. Guess I'm lucky.

Thanks for the suggestion, I usually stick to the mattock until I can get a sword, but I'll give your daggers idea a try.
Bone frying pan is the best weapon. I still use it 67 days into my world. Has very high knockback and casts slowness debuff on mobs you attack.

Reactions: Genshou

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I had an issue in the latest version. With the data tablet quest, it sent me 600 blocks away from the shuttle, even though the quest says it's nearby. Then it tells me to go to a point a few blocks away from the tablet location, which is still 600 blocks from the shuttle, and it says that location is the shuttle. I guess with a new map, the location-based quests need re-calibrating.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I had an issue in the latest version. With the data tablet quest, it sent me 600 blocks away from the shuttle, even though the quest says it's nearby. Then it tells me to go to a point a few blocks away from the tablet location, which is still 600 blocks from the shuttle, and it says that location is the shuttle. I guess with a new map, the location-based quests need re-calibrating.
known bug due to new map will be fixed in 113

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I can't stand spending all night just sifting.
First Day:
-bury the pyrotheum
-only do quests to get 1st dirt
-plant dirt/tree 1 block past the ramp
-build walls 5 blocks from the dirt
-clear any extra dust from around the ship/wall, dig trench or holes.
-gather extra dust

First Night:
-work on quest
-do trees
-get TiC tables for axe, shovel, pick
-do more trees
-kill spiders that come over wall

Second Day:
-clear mobs
-expand the wall to include the pyrotheum
-don't catch on fire
-get cobble

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Is anyone else having trouble building the enchantment table? NEI shows the recipe (4 obsidian, 2 diamonds 1 book) but when I put them in the crafting grid there isn't an output. Haven't run into this problem with anything else.
check the books metadata and ensure it isn't one you grabbed from city since the chisel bookcases have odd metadata which makes them worthless completely. (throw those away).

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble building the enchantment table? NEI shows the recipe (4 obsidian, 2 diamonds 1 book) but when I put them in the crafting grid there isn't an output. Haven't run into this problem with anything else.

check the books metadata and ensure it isn't one you grabbed from city since the chisel bookcases have odd metadata which makes them worthless completely. (throw those away).

If you want to gather books from the chisel shelves, either gather them with silk touch(?) or use a chisel to turn them into normal bookshelves (will damage the chisel)
Edit:
Has anyone tried converting these to "real" books via the jabba barrel unifier ability?

Or try that I suppose

Green_Razor

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to play this without being in hardcore? When you choose between hard and easy in the quests, the hard one says you will die alot, but I only died once because of hardcore :(

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to play this without being in hardcore? When you choose between hard and easy in the quests, the hard one says you will die alot, but I only died once because of hardcore :(
That's the point, you die and restart and die and restart, etc.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I accidently had my radar on as night fell.... And had the opportunity to observe a baby thief zombie approaching the compound...... Those blasted things cover territory like jetliners.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
OK everybody just got my first building back from DragooKnight. Befor 2014-08-16_17.51.56.png After2014-08-16_17.51.39.png
I think it looks pretty good how about you.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Brutish zombies and, um, skeletons? are going away in 1.1.3. Brutish zombie pigmen are staying. Feel free to move those weights to the vanilla mobs in the configs. You can go ahead and /gamerule mobGriefing false, that will be official in 1.1.3. Creepers on mini ghasts, however, are staying. Because it hilarious.
That's the problem. Mob griefing had been disabled. Then a suffocating creeper exploded (I was a good 10 blocks away) and there went a big chunk out of my wall. Luckily it was daytime cleanup, but on the second day losing dust and time like that just sucks. And combined with the invulnerable brutish zombie one hole over and the baby zombie that spawned right next to me and killed me later after I restarted with Special Mobs disabled, and I'm done playing this for a few days. :<[DOUBLEPOST=1408226604][/DOUBLEPOST]
I accidently had my radar on as night fell.... And had the opportunity to observe a baby thief zombie approaching the compound...... Those blasted things cover territory like jetliners.
There's nothing more terrifying than watching a monster run at you at 60 mph o_O

Matt Dulittle

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the pack, logged in, instantly being attacked by flying fire mob, survived, mob grinder not working, special mobs exploded the wall, overran me and my clone... I love this pack but it's very disappointing to lose my world like this :(

XxWinnslowxX

Jul 29, 2019
You can get cobble generator in 2 minutes :D
Yes funshinex made this map possible to play for me. I was struggling bad with food furnace etc. But if you follow his way you have cobble Gen, furnace, decent amount of dust and everything by first night. Just close up pyro before you hull up in the ship for the night. His way speeds things up a bit.