[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: there was? Not sure, haven't tested or used sync in my whole time playing Crash Landings.
not sure about Sync and hqm me i use aroma backup because i hate loseing days of work because of 1 stupid mistake however i set it up to backup every 1 1/2 hrs so theres at least some consequence for dying

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, putting the pack into HQM hardcore is a no. You lose a life each time you die, even if you have a shell available.

You know, Sync is very, very useful beyond just preventing you dying. Say you want to go exploring, and you find bunches of loot. Carry a Shell Storage and a tesseract. Find a city, make a safe place, set up your Storage and Tesseract. Loot to your hearts content. Dump all that stuff into a chest and pipe it through the tesseract back to your base. When you are done exploring the city, just Sync back to a shell in your base, leaving the other shell out there when you want to keep exploring.

Also useful if you are exploring and you run out of supplies. Need to recharge your jetpack and/or capacitors? Yeah, you can do that. Run out of food or water? No big deal.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I always forget about the XU transfer nodes. It's a good replacement for itemducts, especially after you have unlimited ender pearls from a mob farm.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah. that is one reason I have resisted making them more expensive. Thanks to a few non-fixable bugs itemducts tend to misbehave a bit. Transfer nodes don't.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you might add Ender IO? It would solve the item duct problem (you could disable the item ducts all together, my 2 cents) and it would allow much more compact base builds and the ability to keep the ship in tact while running power, item, fluids, redstone signals, and ME cables through those blocks.

I know you kinda finalized the tech mods list, maybe if enough people want a version that has Ender IO I could work up the config files to keep it in balance with the rest of the recipe changes you have made and just post those somewhere. If that's ok with you Iskandar.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you might add Ender IO? It would solve the item duct problem (you could disable the item ducts all together, my 2 cents) and it would allow much more compact base builds and the ability to keep the ship in tact while running power, item, fluids, redstone signals, and ME cables through those blocks.

I know you kinda finalized the tech mods list, maybe if enough people want a version that has Ender IO I could work up the config files to keep it in balance with the rest of the recipe changes you have made and just post those somewhere. If that's ok with you Iskandar.
I'd be all over Ender IO like a crashed Space Steve over a full drum of water.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

Just a suggestion but you can always do like i did with the Ruins and Cities and just put something together it doesent have to be perfect to start just so long as it get your general idea across and then send it to him to look at that way he has something he can see insted of just reading about it. Go back a ways in the form and you can see me talking about Ruins and CA to Iskandar and him just saying no but after puting some pics of my ideas up we ended up comming up with the new exploration for 112 and still have more instore for 113.

Now to everyone else one thing i relized working with him is that he puts a lot into this pack and people are always asking for more well if you want more help him out a little if you can sugestions and bug reports help a lot, but if you can build something or write a small code then do it like i said above it helps to see things insted of just reading about it plus if he likes the idea it keeps him from doing everything himself.

Ok with that said im going to hop off my sopebox and let you get back to your regular schedule show :)

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I got bored with my playthrough. I had gotten up to over a stack of 1x compressed dirt without getting into PC, rarely even ran into a spider anymore. The only health I ever lost was due to odd glitches with dust suffocation here and there, so the reduced regen rate didn't even matter more. Everything felt safe and comfy, like the world itself wasn't deadly and trying to kill me. Let's fix that.
Time to hide inside the ship for a while. o_O
Qgdo3IJ.png

Reactions: Pyure and Wolfie_HC

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
I got bored with my playthrough. I had gotten up to over a stack of 1x compressed dirt without getting into PC, rarely even ran into a spider anymore. The only health I ever lost was due to odd glitches with dust suffocation here and there, so the reduced regen rate didn't even matter more. Everything felt safe and comfy, like the world itself wasn't deadly and trying to kill me. Let's fix that.

What's the mod that shows Day # and other stats in the top left?

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone figured out the player skin being Steve in 1.1.2? or is this a general FTB or Mojang issue? Someone else told me this only happens for this map pack for them

That's InGameInfoXML. Someone or other posted their config for showing camel pack durability a while ago.

Cool thanks!

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Qgdo3IJ.png

Looks cool! I also thought about adding the weather and tornadoes mod. Have not got around to it, but seems like it would fit right in with a dry/dusty planet. Would be better if there was a dust storm mod or a way to modify tornadoes to look more like desert dust storms :p

Reactions: Genshou

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Looks cool! I also thought about adding the weather and tornadoes mod. Have not got around to it, but seems like it would fit right in with a dry/dusty planet. Would be better if there was a dust storm mod or a way to modify tornadoes to look more like desert dust storms :p
I thought it fit in pretty well. A whole planet of dry, metallic dust would have some serious problems with wind and lightning. My current config hasn't stopped storming since the world was created, almost two real-world hours ago. I think I need to add a little longer delay between storm attempts! ^_^; I love the constant lightning, though, but maybe it needs some scaling down as it's a bit noisy.

And I lost count of how many tornadoes I've survived so far. Somewhere in the order of half a dozen? One nearly sucked me right out of the back of the ship!

Wolfie_HC

Jul 29, 2019
Side note: I need beta testers for this mod pack. Those are people who play the game and tell me what I screwed up and what is working, since I am too close to this thing to see problems a lot of the time. Likewise, I need YouTubers and such to both spread the word and let me see how people play the game.

In both cases, I will give access to dev versions of the pack. Which is both good AND bad. Good because you get bleeding edge versions. Bad because said bleeding edge versions are likely to be occasionally horribly, horribly broken.

There is a pack update coming. I've given the link to FTB, just waiting on the launcher to update. Things should be quite a bit clearer, and hunger should be a bit less frustrating.

My fellow FTB friend!

My friend (Seraph) and I will probably be making a multiplayer series on the current version of the modpack on the FTB launcher. It might be in Hungarian (our native language), however if you need any feedback regarding the bugs etc. we will let you know if we find any.

For instace there is something wrong with the water block next to the spawn, as it does not seem to effect any crop growth (not sure if intended or not).

As it was mentioned above, choosing the "hard route" is exteremly deadly, as you do not get those delicious apples (you soon get bored of all food you can make at the early 5-10 deaths anyways). I love this map as it is seriously hard, and we have been looking for something like this for a while with Seraph.

Looking forward to playing tonight as well :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ7A-IrV-W7yBSumfBbpKtw

Last edited:

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019
Qgdo3IJ.png

That's awesome ! Could you share your config for this mod please ? I've already downloaded the mod.

Reactions: Wolfie_HC

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
That's awesome ! Could you share your config for this mod please ? I've already downloaded the mod.
I just died due to carelessness, so I'm redoing my config from scratch. Here's what I'm changing:

Player_Storm_Deadly_OddsTo1=20 (from default 30, former setting 10)
Player_Storm_Deadly_TimeBetweenInTicks=1200 (from default 72000, former setting 720)
Storm_LightningStrikeBaseValueOddsTo1=300 (from default/former 200)
Storm_OddsTo1OfOceanBasedStorm=100 (from default/former 300)
Storm_OddsTo1OfProgressionBase=1 (from default/former 15)
Storm_OddsTo1OfProgressionStageMultiplier=1 (from default/former 3)
Storm_Tornado_grabBlocks=false (not sure which blocks it can grab, leave on at your own risk)

This should hopefully give actual breaks in the weather and less lightning, but more intense storms on average. In theory. We'll see what happens! :9