[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
The question might be stupid, but what is the exploit youre talking about?
JABBA barrels use oreDictionary entries to let you store items of the same 'type' by converting things with the same entry into exactly what's in the barrel. I'm going to assume this is being used to turn an easy-to-get type of seed plastic into some of the ones that are just a major pain in the butt.

The mechanic also has some actual exploits I'd rather not say publically. I mean, I find barrels like these to be a yawn-worthy cop-out for proper inventory management, but I imagine most players would rather not see them taken out of the modpack.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I use JABBA barrels for is voiding useless materials. In general I find them much more expensive and less convenient than storing things in an ME system.

Is there any other storage system which can maintain a certain amount of an item then automatically void excess of that item?

I guess I could program ME with a level emitter to keep a few thousand of something in the network then export any excess to an XU trash can. But that requires manual configuration and a 2x1 footprint.

If JABBA is exploitable, I would like to see it removed from the pack… or for the mods whose items it makes exploitable to fix the problem!

Have fun, and
KeepOnDigging!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I love the JABBA barrels!

Who doesn't like the look of a wall of barrels filled from the sifting setup? Yes, end game an ME system is more convenient but until then I gotta get me some barrels :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys upload episode 7 with the new auto sieve. Hopefully this one is better for everyone. It is expandable.

Magzie's Dust World! E:7

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I use JABBA barrels for is voiding useless materials. In general I find them much more expensive and less convenient than storing things in an ME system.

Is there any other storage system which can maintain a certain amount of an item then automatically void excess of that item?

Why void when you can store forever! DSUs FTW!

On a related note, I like JABBA barrels and would love to use them as a primary storage system. I often use them for mid game storage just because wood is always so plentify. However, the clunky upgrade system and lack of a true level detection system make these really hard for me to use long term. At some point, I just get tired of monitoring individual barrels and constantly upgrading ones that need upgrading, and finally build out my ME system. Then it's JABBA + Storage bus for a while, until I get sick of even that, and just start spamming DSUs.

JBloodthorn

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even bother with void upgrades. I just stick a duct on the end, whack it with a wrench to turn it red, and drop down an XU trash can on the end. Once a barrel is full, any excess gets trashed. Also prevents stuff from building up in the ducts.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I was referred to this mod pack maybe a day or two after version 1.1.1 was released, downloaded it the same day, died a bunch of times, and finally found a way to survive. I've read every post on this thread, and restarted when the new ship map was made available. The entire time I've been alternating between cursing and applauding Iskandar which can only mean I'm having a blast with this pack. What interested me was the very concept of " think outside the box". Doing things differently from everyone else and avoiding the "same old same old" mentality is right up my alley. While playing other packs, it was easy to drop a few quarries, build a ME system, and just plop a bunch of solar panels to power it all. I preferred to build using boilers, for power, ethanol fueled and fully automated with tree farms for saps, melon farms to squeezers for juice, and a few moisteners for mulch all feeding fermenters which in turn fed stills to feed the hungry boilers. I piped everything using logistics pipes. All surplus went into either giant steel tanks or DSU. Not the most efficient setup, but it was effective, complex, and most importantly very challenging to do. While I still have a lot to learn and discover within PC, I was a bit disappointed that there's really not that much flexibility to do things differently than everyone else such as taking a different path to achieve the same results. Creativity is limited, but somehow it doesn't take much away from the experience and the journey is a ton of fun. Can't wait for version 1.1.2 release.
Best reason for a change I ever heard was Iskandar, "because I hate you and want you to die".

Reactions: zBob and Pyure

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so trying to decide which food item is the most disgusting and currently thinking it has to be between fried silkworm and spider eye soup...there's a book in there somewhere I just know it...BOOM!!
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Reactions: pc_assassin

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully in the final build of 1.1.2, the abandoned cities don't spawn so closely to your crash landing as they do in the beta. Cause that's just too close. Also, Either Special Mobs or Special AI causes extreme lag for me whenever mobs spot me. "/cofh tps" shows the overworld drop from 100% to 2%. It's really bad.