[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
So on the food topic.... I found an easy eat to get starter food. You dig a pit in 20 blocks of diameter around your base 2 blocks down. Then at night you punch a zombie. The vanilla mechanic of the zombie hoard makes all the other zombies in the world track overto you. Then when they track to you new ones can spawn far off. Then you just hit another zombie and repeat till day. Once its day and the zombies have burned you can go and collect your flesh, just watch out for creepers and baby zombies stuck in the trap.

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

iHeartZigg

Jul 29, 2019
So on the food topic.... I found an easy eat to get starter food. You dig a pit in 20 blocks of diameter around your base 2 blocks down. Then at night you punch a zombie. The vanilla mechanic of the zombie hoard makes all the other zombies in the world track overto you. Then when they track to you new ones can spawn far off. Then you just hit another zombie and repeat till day. Once its day and the zombies have burned you can go and collect your flesh, just watch out for creepers and baby zombies stuck in the trap.

Basically what i did, but i made the great wall of Ziggzonia around mine. And then a pit.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

well if you like you can surround the out side edges with trap doors and open them. the mobs will not see it as a hole and they will just walk right into the pit. you can also build a 1*1 pit at your door to your base. build it down about 5 blocks and set up 1 half slabs on the bottom of the bottom block and 1wood block on the top half. then dig down 1 block from the whole and two block back. at night just stand near the door block off or a fence gate put on the top half of the door. they will see you there and walk right down the pit. just before mourning go down and kill the prizes. I also have notice people talking about the jungle tree sa[lings. these are best used for dirt making not worms. if you get a harvester running you can set it to shear leaves. then plant a 2*2 area with 4 saplings. when the big tree grows. the harvester will shear the leaves and the vines. you can use vines for ladders and also they work to produce dirt. it is the best dirt making tree in the mod that i have found. make sure to set the harvester to not shear the first one so you can get saplings first then switch it on the next one.

note: my just upgrade to 1.0.4. so i'll wait for 1.0.5 before making the video. i will be doing a week end let's play also. I think he said monday or tuesday it would be released..

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, if people are having that hard a time with version 1.0.4, then they'll be rage quitting with 1.0.5

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
giving us the 2 AA's in 1.04 sort of removed all need for water for me. I got lucky and it rained and I collected ton of water. Am I the only one (reading through this topic) that didn't dig up some dust and put out the fires first before I sealed myself away? the book even says stay away from burning ships :}

The only bug I got was the quest to turn in the leadstone battery (which u know about). I had to NEI one in and it worked fine. charged/nocharge, no clue. guess you solved that out already for 1.05...

I just setup a 2 high wall of dust around my perimeter, have an area nearby that I go in and dig out dust and come back before nightfall (got stuck once cause it turned to night while raining and didn't realize, almost died). creepers have killed me 3 times, twice w/o me even seeing them. all early stages. Setup slabs on walls then go around (during day) and add a lip of slabs so keeps spiders away. chose a nice entrance far away from middle of base and made an entrance for creatures, and am laying punji sticks as I get the cane. I just axe some nearby doors (wood blocks) to get in/out of base. run around the edge walls at daybreak to collect goodies.

I finished the quests, expanding base, decided I needed netherrack for enderium and went there. caught fire by some lava and got heat stroke 3. luckilly, I had made some healing potions/regen potions and used them all till I got into heat stroke 2. Noticed that ICE and SNOW don't have any settings in envirominer to cool you off. is that intended? that was a pain. lava is your hellfish's (ala AG skies).

Speaking of ag skies, I learned something using ur pack and I feel pretty stupid. I've played through AG a couple times (finished all quests once). All that time, I didn't realize you can pound the gravel sifted ores into smaller components and if you have fortune on your hammer, get more back, and so on till dust. thus, quadrupling your ores, etc... (estimate). cool!

I second the sprinkler. Used that w/bonemeal as much as I can.

btw, you mentioned animal spawns. I had squids spawning in my AA pool but that's it. it's all ocean biome, right? I saw no way whatsoever to get any passive mobs. which leads me to: jetpacks. total red herring? didn't realize you needed leather for a harness. Thus, no leather, no jetpacks. why even include it in the pack then? Bummed me out incredibly. :( I wanted to explore, and go to nether w/o worrying about lava.

Otherwise, it was short, but sweet. and I'm still playing through. not sure if I'll want to do a world reset so might wait till you've upped the amount of quests or give us some way to get animals (even late game). maybe make spawn eggs require nether star or something?

btw. Love the wood frying pan, running off of wood as fuel. how does it work? I do not know. it just does. :}

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I decided to post this even though alot (if most) people know it already, but for those that don't. I don't see this mentioned anywhere officially, so....

Tinker's construct stations have some additional features if you use them near other things.

Put a tool station next to a crafting station and the crafting station turns into something you can apply modifiers in a 8 grid fashion around the tool (used for exo armor also).

Put a crafting station next to a double chest and you can see the double chest's inventory in the crafting station. Makes it alot easier early game to manage all the builds and setting up multiple stations to build things w/o AE MAC is a godsend.

Something I didn't realize until a couple months ago is that you can apply redstone blocks instead of dust to use 9 modifiers at a time, as well as quartz blocks vs nether quartz as well as lapis.

I also didn't realize till recently that you don't need to stick pneumos on item conduits behind TE machines since they "push" items out on their own, as if there was a chest there.

something I realized here in this pack was that itemducts themselves can insert cobble into crucibles. dur... I had been using auto activators then hoppers in AG skies and decided to try this in this pack and boy was I suprised. a hell alot cheaper too.

Getting a double ignaceous extruder going, one making cobble, sending to lava makers and then water from AA and send water/lava to second IE to make obsidian early on is really helpfull. you can shut it off later and (not in this pack) use the lava makers to use magmatic dynamos to power things. bummed you took those out of this pack but oh well.

fun fun

Edit: oh, and you can setup a recipe in cyclic assembler to fill up the camel pack, but it needs to right ID (i.e. completely empty (ID 100)) or otherwise. I have 3 recipes for various levels of emptiness, otherwise I do it manually.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Huh. So, I have at least one French YouTuber out there and now one in what appears to be Russian. Let me just say that this is very, very surreal. Awesome, but very surreal.

Hmm. Russian guy is using adfly to link back to this thread. I can't say I approve of that. Not horrible, but just a tad....sketchy.

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
While there is nothing in the next update that you Have to reset for, you need to realize that #4 is the baby mode version.

The next one cranks it up a few notches.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Only watch my LP of 1.0.5 v2 if you are stuck/have extreme difficulty in the incoming modpack. Too many spoilers as I am nearing completion of it. It was fun.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Just a note: unless he fixed it you can start a reg random map using the mod pack and it runs just fine. Not like the AS one that glitched out and you fell forever!!! it is better to use Blazing pro to run the MDs. you get like 1000 times the power output with 1 MD. also good chose for power cause i think the that generators are in this pack is the upgrade lava generators. They can run off of melted redstone and you get 320 oer pop which is massive. Don't know if they can run on blazing Pro? also if you need water for recipes like making bread. One water bottle will convert into 8 buckets of water that can only be used for food stuff i believe.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note: unless he fixed it you can start a reg random map using the mod pack and it runs just fine. Not like the AS one that glitched out and you fell forever!!! it is better to use Blazing pro to run the MDs. you get like 1000 times the power output with 1 MD. also good chose for power cause i think the that generators are in this pack is the upgrade lava generators. They can run off of melted redstone and you get 320 oer pop which is massive. Don't know if they can run on blazing Pro? also if you need water for recipes like making bread. One water bottle will convert into 8 buckets of water that can only be used for food stuff i believe.

About the 1 water bottle, will you get back the bottle or will it be used up to get the 8 fresh water for cooking recipes?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
also i know he made salt spawn from dust but you can just convert those little wood buckets from food and a pot and make unlimited salt. you could also pop salt into the pul and get 2 salt out of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1402405550][/DOUBLEPOST]
About the 1 water bottle, will you get back the bottle or will it be used up to get the 8 fresh water for cooking recipes?
i have to check to make sure. i think i did.[DOUBLEPOST=1402405811][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope you do lose the bottle so you might want to wait for that till you get a steady supply of cobble to convert to sand.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok thanks. Another thing deep into quests, you get two snow blocks as rewards. If you had a pumpkin, you can probably make a snow generator with it (haven't tried because I didn't pick the pumpkin seeds in one of the quests) >_<

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ah ok thanks. Another thing deep into quests, you get two snow blocks as rewards. If you had a pumpkin, you can probably make a snow generator with it (haven't tried because I didn't pick the pumpkin seeds in one of the quests) >_<
i have 3 pumkin seeds right now i never plants from the dirt sifting. if you wanted one just sift dirt till you get the seed and grow them. they are good light sources anyway.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yes you can start your own map. That said, not a good idea. You won't be able to progress the quests at all for a very long time because those 2 transposers in the shuttle are mandatory to begin. In fact, very shortly starting your own map will shut you out of the quests entirely. Oh, and there is no Nether or End.

Magmatic Dynamos and Lava Generators are disabled, and by extension the Heated Redstone Generator. The Agrarian Skies trick of putting down a million crucibles and dynamos and never bothering to think about power again has been deliberately eliminated. In fact most ways of doing things that require no creativity have been removed or nerfed.

Tetshio: Did you even bother reading the quest those snow blocks were part of? You mess that up and you are stuck without a glacial precipitator permanently. And by extension, gelid cryotheum.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
i have 3 pumpkin seeds right now i never plants from the dirt sifting. if you wanted one just sift dirt till you get the seed and grow them. they are good light sources anyway.
Heh. Vanilla crops are going away coming in 1.0.6, at least until much, much later in the game. Melon was too too easy of a food source and it required no imagination. I've provided a broader array of seeds from Harvestcraft in their place. Hunger is still manageable, just now you have to go out and learn new things.

My map and mod pack has a sub theme of approaching traditional problems in a new way. If you are willing to experiment, I'm doing my best to teach you aspects of the mods you've never thought of before. For instance, who here has EVER used a MFR needle gun? No? Me neither, which is sad because they are so useful.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yes you can start your own map. That said, not a good idea. You won't be able to progress the quests at all for a very long time because those 2 transposers in the shuttle are mandatory to begin. In fact, very shortly starting your own map will shut you out of the quests entirely. Oh, and there is no Nether or End.

Magmatic Dynamos and Lava Generators are disabled, and by extension the Heated Redstone Generator. The Agrarian Skies trick of putting down a million crucibles and dynamos and never bothering to think about power again has been deliberately eliminated. In fact most ways of doing things that require no creativity have been removed or nerfed.

Tetshio: Did you even bother reading the quest those snow blocks were part of? You mess that up and you are stuck without a glacial precipitator permanently. And by extension, gelid cryotheum.
unless you changed it snow golems leave snow on the ground under them. you can set them up in a 1*1area and block them in and sit there with a shovel and get unlimited snowballs which can be turned into snow blocks in reg minecraft. i believe that is what he was thinking about. you would get the blocks back. I think snowballs can be melted down also so might be good to check on unless you fixed it yet?

As to the starting your own map. you can build those and i just like the idea of walking around using the mod pack. wouldn't really care about the quest because that would be for the map of urs. plus it would allow people to try stuff out wothout wasting resources in the hardcore map. If you don't want to allow this might want to look into doing what the AS did although most people hate that about those packs because they are force to copy or restart each death.

I never did use but 1 MD. blazing pr gives like 2000 a pop in those so you only need 1. I did use the lava thing though only because i couldn't get to the nether for the bricks. i got around that though. sludge boiler, does it work in ur mod pack? cause that would be another way for dirt, clay, and sand.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Heh. Vanilla crops are going away coming in 1.0.6, at least until much, much later in the game. Melon was too too easy of a food source and it required no imagination. I've provided a broader array of seeds from Harvestcraft in their place. Hunger is still manageable, just now you have to go out and learn new things.

My map and mod pack has a sub theme of approaching traditional problems in a new way. If you are willing to experiment, I'm doing my best to teach you aspects of the mods you've never thought of before. For instance, who here has EVER used a MFR needle gun? No? Me neither, which is sad because they are so useful.

well at the start there is no grass around so getting anything else to grow but vanilla crops is not an option. maybe giving non vanilla rewards in the quest book would help. i mean there is a quest for wheat and seeds? Also pumkins can't be eatten anyway unless you count pumkin pie which would take a long time to make in this pack and could be disabled.

Last edited: